Help me please my girlfriend....

L0ckett

Reaction score
Now that I'm sure the title caught your attention, here is the situation. I rooted her Dinc and wanted me to put a ROM on. I figured that since I am jealous that CM7 is available on her phone and not my Charge that I would just flash that so we both could enjoy....boy was I wrong. I flashed CM 7.0.0 since I had read that it's the more stable release. Sure enough she can't stand the look of it, hates the keyboard, is disgusted by the dock, and just in general hates everything about it....and I get stuck listening to all the complaints. (I love her, I really do). I know there are apps and widgets to change everything that she doesn't like about it but you try telling her that and see how far you get. So the one thing she does really like is all the customization options. She wants a ROM based off Froyo, reliable, doesn't use the GB keyboard, doesn't suck down battery like CM7 did, but still retains most of the customization and speed hacks and all that good stuff. I'm not familiar with the Dinc as I came from a D2G to the Droid Charge. Can anyone PLEASE help me out and recommend something that will make her happy?

P.S - Don't go thinking I'm an A55hat or anything. Some of my wording was just for good humored fun. I'm a nice guy, I swear:heart:

OP
L

L0ckett

Reaction score
I've looked at quite a bunch for her but most of the ones I showed her were "too plain" or "too stock looking." She is quite hard to please technologically. There used to be the "Incredible ROM List" online somewhere but all links to it are broken, so it seems.

nikecar

Reaction score
Can you go back to stock? Swap phones then with her.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
L

L0ckett

Reaction score
I could never give up my phone for her incredible, lol. Her phone is unrespondive 80% of the time that I, nor her, can deal with it. That's what lead to her wanting me to root the phone in hopes of finding something that will cure that issue.

Liskrig

Reaction score
CM 7.0.0 was terrible with battery life, I think the newest stable release is 7.0.3? BUT if you're looking for something not stock, then look into MIUI as mcneilmoe suggested. It plays a lot like an iPhone, there is no app drawer, but full customization with widgets and themes. If the look of the keyboard is bothering her, try Swiftkey X, its a bit pricey for a keyboard ($4 USD) but I haven't used a batter one yet.

Insidious

Reaction score
I'm on MIUI.US and it has terrible stability issues for the D2G. Idk about the incredible. I love the themes and lockscreens and such but the force closes make my phone just about unusable.

Sent from my D2G on MIUI
:)

Liskrig

Reaction score
I'm on MIUI.US and it has terrible stability issues for the D2G. Idk about the incredible. I love the themes and lockscreens and such but the force closes make my phone just about unusable.

Sent from my D2G on MIUI
:)

MIUI is very stable on the DInc, I used it heavily for about a month straight, and I only experienced maybe 2 reboots, and a handful (~6) of app FC's (none of which were MIUI pre-loaded) Paired with Incredikernal for GB it worked amazingly, I only switched back to CM7 for some app debugging.