Help with Root Please

Reaction score
I'm getting very frustrated with this. I'm unable to do the Easier 1-2-3 droid 2 root from XDA, and I'm also unable to do the Euophoros method at the top of this section....all because rageinthecage file keeps deleting itself somehow.

Everytime i extract it, it's not in the extracted folder. If I try to place it on my desktop, it'll disappear 4 seconds later. If I try to place it on my desktop, then throw it on my phone really quickly it'll say the file doesn't exist. I don't know why it's doing this, I already restarted my computer and it's still doing this.

Has this happened to other people before? How do I fix this?

Cloppy

Reaction score
Is your antivirus deleting it for some reason?

Cloppy

Reaction score
Could be a updated definition doing it I've seen stranger things happen with anti virus. Just a suggestion.

Maybe try to extract it on your phone with androzip

OP
R
Reaction score
I disabled my entire internet security. Tried to copy and paste rageagainstthecage on my desktop, it just disappears as soon as it hits the desktop. Same thing goes for when i try to drop it in the tools folder of the android sdk, it disappears. When i try to place it on my phone for the Euophoros no pc method, it disappears also.

OP
R
Reaction score
After trying to root my phone for about 4 hours straight now, im starting to get really ****ing pissed. rageagainstthecage keeps disappearing, despite downloading it from different sources, my computer REFUSES to leave it on my desktop, the android sdk tools folder, or placing it on the sdcard of my phone.

I've already restarted my computer four times, thinking maybe my computer is acting up. I don't understand why it's doing this now, it didn't do this the first time i rooted my phone.

IT JUST KEEPS DISAPPEARING. What do i do?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you try dl'ing it straight from your phone?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good luck. That's what I did when I rooted with this method and it worked fine.

OP
R
Reaction score
So, after four hours of bull **** from my computer, I was finally able to root my phone. Now...I'm unable to download things from the Android Market....cool.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So, after four hours of bull **** from my computer, I was finally able to root my phone. Now...I'm unable to download things from the Android Market....cool.

Alright you just confirmed it in my eyes. You are the sixth person I've seen in about an hour with market problems. It must be down.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya there's a massive blackout right now but I think hookbill just said his was back up. I'm checking right now.