DJ05/Rooting files (How To)

joe3681

Reaction score
I didn't do anything but combine/upload these, I'm simply sharing:

1. go to menu - settings - Applications - Enable USB Debugging, connect phone
2. Open Root rar (extract files to desktop or where you want) then folder, click START_ROOT.bat and follow directions.
3. Go to Market after rooted and DL ROM MANAGER, open click flash recovery and select Fascinate (Will not actually add recovery, you have to flash)
4. Disconnect phone and remove battery, Hold Volume down while you reconnect phone to USB.
5. Use ODIN rar, (extract files to desktop or where you want) open ODIN folder, run Odin.exe. Use PDA button, NOT PHONE, and browse to CWMrecovery.rar, then click Start.
6. Extract DJ05.rar to desktop.
7. When phone restarts mount as disc drive, copy the DJ05 v7, and the kernel to your SD card. Then unmount
8. Go into ROM Manager, and select INSTALL ROM FROM SD, browse to the DJ05 v7 you put on SD. (WIPE DATA) Let phone restart and install.

When it restarts you'll have a nice clean fresh DJ05 Fascinate!

Browse around ROM Manager. I use the latest Stable Geeknik kernel and really like it. There's some cool options in there to edit your current rom after dj05 install

This may not belong here but I just mainly wanted to make a little how to, and combine all my files in one place...

FASCINATE ROOT:
FascinateRoot_v02.rar

ODIN:
ODIN.rar

DJ05:
http://db.tt/3djYsnL (Not MediaFire, MF was being stupid)

mrdroid

Reaction score
Please add a warning for using odin. Too many people have bricked their phones using it.

Sent from my Galaxy S

mrdroid

Reaction score
Well, I don't think you can truly brick an Android device but the tools to fix it aren't always publicly available.

Point being, if you aren't willing or able to just go buy another device then don't put yourself in a situation where you might have to do just that.

Sent from my Galaxy S

AuroEdge

Reaction score
Does JT have these new builds hosted somewhere? I can't find them. For some reason I think I read they're only on IRC.

mrdroid

Reaction score
Who knows. I don't even know why those guys are working on this stuff when they try to keep it to themselves. Whats wrong the link posted above?

n660623x

Reaction score
Yeah I cannot install no how..when I click flash mod recovery it does nothing..i use odin and phone reboots but not visible to copy files to the drive or even mount. Absolutely no luck whatsoever..i guess until someone comes yup with a one clinch method to install dj05 i won't have it because I'm too stupid to figure it out...extremely frustrating I just don't havre a clue what I'm missing.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

AuroEdge

Reaction score
I'm only concerned about how to find updates for it in the future I guess

OP
J

joe3681

Reaction score
Yeah I cannot install no how..when I click flash mod recovery it does nothing..i use odin and phone reboots but not visible to copy files to the drive or even mount. Absolutely no luck whatsoever..i guess until someone comes yup with a one clinch method to install dj05 i won't have it because I'm too stupid to figure it out...extremely frustrating I just don't havre a clue what I'm missing.

I had mine reboot into stock recovery. Pop out battery, put in and restart. Then enter recovery via rom manager and it should work fine.

OP
J

joe3681

Reaction score
the Root doesnt work somehow it says my phone isnt connected...

Hit a button to try again. Mine says that. Click to continue and it starts pushing files to phone.

OP
J

joe3681

Reaction score
Does JT have these new builds hosted somewhere? I can't find them. For some reason I think I read they're only on IRC.

#redrum_chaos channel of irc