help with purchasing 16gb micro sdcard for droid 2

everstar80

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to smartphone and android devices.. but have learned much in the past couple of months of having an android. At first I purchased the lg ally but it wasn't sufficient enough for my daily activities so last week I purchased the droid 2 at retail. I still want to buy a 16gb micro sdcard because I am going to need more memory. I called best buy and they said that I could get one for around thirty bucks without the adapter, which I have no idea what I would need it for. Anyways, does anyone have any tips on if I purchase there will it slowdown my droid 2? And will I be able to transfer flash and my music to the card with no problems? Thanks for any advice or tips

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thirty dollars is a good deal and Best Buy is reputable, a better choice that buying it online, the D2 is capable of holding a 32 GB micro SD so it will not slow down your device at all, when you first get the card put it in your phone before you transfer any music or other files to it and let your phone "format" the card, then transfer your files and enjoy

713King

Reaction score
The card wont slow down your phone, you should be able to transfer what ever you want to your SD card when you mount your Droid to the computer, just drag and drop or set up folders, for music if you have itunes there is a program called doubletwist that can manage your video files, music and other things i belive. There is also a program called iSyncr that i see people talk about on here. Have you tried amazon.com , newegg.com, tigerdirect.com ?????? Those websites have deals for miniSD cards, also try ebay.com ive seen 32gb cards for cheap there