Class 10 MicroSD question

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I dont really see the point. You can load files to/from faster, but that's about it.

EDIT: And for $100, I really dont see the point.

Last edited:

ldimick

Reaction score
I really have to ask WHY? You can't run apps from it. I doubt that this will do much for your performance. Even overclocked to 1.2 I seriously doubt that the SD Card is ever a bottleneck.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
was thinking about using it for swap... for the desire ROM...

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score

I think you'd be just as happy with a cheaper C6 or C4. The C10 is overkill, and I really dont see a situation where the speed will help. You're limited by the speed the ROM can be flashed, not the speed of the SD card (dont quote me, but I'd bet on it).

ldimick

Reaction score

OK That is reasonable. However, I would personally wait until the 32 GB come out so the price on the 16 GB is forced down. Let us know what you decide to do and your experience.

serveitup911

Reaction score
Video playback and recording is a bit touch and go for me, so I'd like to see what a faster card could do.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

I think you'd be just as happy with a cheaper C6 or C4. The C10 is overkill, and I really dont see a situation where the speed will help. You're limited by the speed the ROM can be flashed, not the speed of the SD card (dont quote me, but I'd bet on it).

Nope, speed of flash memory >>> any speed microsd. but i may end up buying a c6 16gb, which is like $35

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope, speed of flash memory >>> any speed microsd. but i may end up buying a c6 16gb, which is like $35

Not flash memory, ROM. I'll concede that the access speed is faster, but I will contest that the write speed is not as fast. I cant find any information on the type of ROM in the phone, but I know writing to ROMs is slow.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Not flash memory, ROM. I'll concede that the access speed is faster, but I will contest that the write speed is not as fast. I cant find any information on the type of ROM in the phone, but I know writing to ROMs is slow.

not sure, but when i say flash memory, i am eluding to the ROM (not the RAM).