Help with getting in contact with higher ups an Moto

pyro6128

Reaction score
So I've recently had a fairly terrible experience dealing with Motorola and their outsourced customer service, and the complete inability to contact anyone within the united states, or anyone that can actually aid me. I won't go into the finer details, but I'm looking for a way to get either the phone numbers or email addresses of some higher ups within the company. I tried a simple google search, but that hasn't provided any results.

Do any of you guys know of a way I could obtain that type of information. I refuse to believe that everyone in the company located in the united states is locked in an ivory tower completely shut off from the rest of the world, as their Indian and Philipino counterparts would like me to believe.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
When i want the help of someone of higher rank i start by asking to speak to a manager. Treating the rep kindly of course, or else it goes nowhere.

Just keep emailing or calling and you'll get eventually. Gotta be persuasive.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry you had a bad experience. I've always had a good experience with the VZW customer service reps. I had not realized that VZW had outsource this particular function.

I suggest dialing *611 and, as Dezymond suggested, ask for a manager.

Let us know how this is resolved.

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
No I'm dealing with motorola. The problem is you can only speak to a manager in india, but those managers can't put you in contact with the real managers at moto here in the united states. The managers in india essentially tell me they have no real power at all, so theyre completely useless to me. Trust me, I've tried every conventional method, and have continued to be polite despite being lied to by 5+ representatives, and being hung up on multiple times by people who no longer wanted to deal with me. I remain polite because I realize the representative are low level workers that honestly have no idea whats going on, but I need to speak to real people who have some sort of authority, and not foreign placeholders.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
My BAD! You did say Moto. I've had bad experiences with those folks as well. Sorry! Hope you are able to get this resolved.

Mike

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Not to be nosy, but what is the issue that nobody can fix but someone at their corporate HQ?

Sent from somewhere...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
US Corp Office

Motorola, Inc.
1303 East Algonquin Road
Schaumburg, Illinois 60196
Telephone: +1 847 576 5000

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score

Haha im offended you think i wouldnt actually check the contact us section of their website. I found that too after 30 seconds, its the rest of the month its taken to get in contact with them thats the problem. That number takes you to an automated system, then when you get through to a person (if you can), BANG india baby, or on rare occasion, if youre really lucky and the stars align, the Philippines .

Here is the situation. I placed an order on their website for a bunch of items that I was going to give as gifts for Xmas. I placed the order on Dec 2, after about 2 weeks I called to check on the order. They told me that they had a problem with their system and that my order hadn't been shipped, but they would send it next day air. 2 days go by, I call back again, they tell me the same thing, their bad, but theyll next day air it to me. This happens about 2 more times. Then I finally call them and get a manager in india, he then informs me that the items are now sold out. I tell them its unacceptable that this happened, blah blah bah. Nothing gets resolved, they tell me they can't even cancel my order because its in some sort of limbo. I call back again and they tell me they finally got the items and will ship it to me at a discounted price and next day air. I call back the next day (cuz i know whats been happening ) and I find out my order has been canceled. Sprinkled in between those encounters are ones where I call and deal with a representative for a while, and they hang up on me because they no longer want to deal with the situation. By this time it is already after Christmas and I had to essentially tell the people I was getting gifts for that there was a huge shipping problem and I'll have to make it up to them, so Moto's poor business practices end up making me look bad.

This is not acceptable. To add insult to injury, the last 2 times I called I had dealt with someone named "Jim", of course thats not his real name. So I call back asking to speak with Jim, but now all of a sudden theyre not allowed to put me in contact with the manager thats been handling my issue. So they put me through to another "manage". I ask him to let me speak with Jim, he informs me that he doesnt know who Jim is, probably because people in india don't name their kids Jim or Jeff (two names I was given). They also tell me they have no number, and no way of getting in contact with Moto in the united states. I asked "so how do you get orders or coordinate if theres no way to contact each other" to which they had no response.

And on top of all of this, the camera on my droid just does not work anymore. And its a hardware issue (separate issue but just adds to my frustration). I've purchased a lot of moto phones in the past, bought a droid, convinced family members and friends to buy moto droids and droid x's, and I planned on buying their new LTE phone and possibly their tablet. But now after this horrible experience, I don't know if I want to invest money in a company that is essentially unreachable and is going to turn its back on me. I've convince at least 10 people to buy moto phones in the last year. So I want to talk to someone with actual authority and see if its possible for them to remedy the situation.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Haha im offended you think i wouldnt actually check the contact us section of their website. I found that too after 30 seconds, its the rest of the month its taken to get in contact with them thats the problem. That number takes you to an automated system, then when you get through to a person (if you can), BANG india baby, or on rare occasion, if youre really lucky and the stars align, the Philippines .

Here is the situation. I placed an order on their website for a bunch of items that I was going to give as gifts for Xmas. I placed the order on Dec 2, after about 2 weeks I called to check on the order. They told me that they had a problem with their system and that my order hadn't been shipped, but they would send it next day air. 2 days go by, I call back again, they tell me the same thing, their bad, but theyll next day air it to me. This happens about 2 more times. Then I finally call them and get a manager in india, he then informs me that the items are now sold out. I tell them its unacceptable that this happened, blah blah bah. Nothing gets resolved, they tell me they can't even cancel my order because its in some sort of limbo. I call back again and they tell me they finally got the items and will ship it to me at a discounted price and next day air. I call back the next day (cuz i know whats been happening ) and I find out my order has been canceled. Sprinkled in between those encounters are ones where I call and deal with a representative for a while, and they hang up on me because they no longer want to deal with the situation. By this time it is already after Christmas and I had to essentially tell the people I was getting gifts for that there was a huge shipping problem and I'll have to make it up to them, so Moto's poor business practices end up making me look bad.

This is not acceptable. To add insult to injury, the last 2 times I called I had dealt with someone named "Jim", of course thats not his real name. So I call back asking to speak with Jim, but now all of a sudden theyre not allowed to put me in contact with the manager thats been handling my issue. So they put me through to another "manage". I ask him to let me speak with Jim, he informs me that he doesnt know who Jim is, probably because people in india don't name their kids Jim or Jeff (two names I was given). They also tell me they have no number, and no way of getting in contact with Moto in the united states. I asked "so how do you get orders or coordinate if theres no way to contact each other" to which they had no response.

And on top of all of this, the camera on my droid just does not work anymore. And its a hardware issue (separate issue but just adds to my frustration). I've purchased a lot of moto phones in the past, bought a droid, convinced family members and friends to buy moto droids and droid x's, and I planned on buying their new LTE phone and possibly their tablet. But now after this horrible experience, I don't know if I want to invest money in a company that is essentially unreachable and is going to turn its back on me. I've convince at least 10 people to buy moto phones in the last year. So I want to talk to someone with actual authority and see if its possible for them to remedy the situation.

Wow that is unacceptable on many levels, i can see why you want to contact the higher ups.

I would guess the best and least stressful way for you to go about this is by email. Request to speak with a higher position person and hopefully they can transfer you immediately. Give a SHORT summary of your situation (key to dealing with the reps) and hopefully one will be kind enough to address it to their manager.

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
Yea my goal is to be able to email some people that actually matter. My father actually had good luck in the past by emailing the ceo of a cruise line and they were able to make good. The same with my girlfriends father and some other company, the name escapes me. I'm just going to have to keep making calls until someone can get me an email address or number. Its frustrating though because I keep hitting dead ends.

I refuse to just let this die though. Companies need to realize that they can't act this way.

Not to make another long post, so I'll keep it short. But I called amazon because theyre the ones who process motos orders, and they were infinitely more helpful and tried everything they could to help me out, and its not even their product. I even called back to praise them and give them the name of the representative that was so helpful to me in hopes that he'll be commended by them in some way.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yea my goal is to be able to email some people that actually matter. My father actually had good luck in the past by emailing the ceo of a cruise line and they were able to make good. The same with my girlfriends father and some other company, the name escapes me. I'm just going to have to keep making calls until someone can get me an email address or number. Its frustrating though because I keep hitting dead ends.

I refuse to just let this die though. Companies need to realize that they can't act this way.

Not to make another long post, so I'll keep it short. But I called amazon because theyre the ones who process motos orders, and they were infinitely more helpful and tried everything they could to help me out, and its not even their product. I even called back to praise them and give them the name of the representative that was so helpful to me in hopes that he'll be commended by them in some way.

Just keep contacting them, I had to go through this with Comcast about 4 times before I got the result I wanted (customer service is our main concern my arse).

Amazon has great customer service, and they go the extra mile especially to "loyal" customers.

I never used Motorola customer service, but I've always heard bad stories from them. Just keep trying and you'll reach someone of authority eventually. They have alot to make up to you as a neglected customer and owe you more than an apology.

XMasterMoronX

Reaction score

Just keep contacting them, I had to go through this with Comcast about 4 times before I got the result I wanted (customer service is our main concern my arse).

Amazon has great customer service, and they go the extra mile especially to "loyal" customers.

I never used Motorola customer service, but I've always heard bad stories from them. Just keep trying and you'll reach someone of authority eventually. They have alot to make up to you as a neglected customer and owe you more than an apology.

I have had a similar experience with Vizio... except they didn't outsource. If it wasn't for the costco concierge I would had to wait 2 months to get another tv

harrellj

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd suggest contact Consumerist.com about this. Some of the members might be able to get you direct email addresses.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
This might be a completly crazy idea...but does Motorola have any factories in the united states? Are their any official facilities that hold motorola merchendise? Maybe you could call one of them and get a better reponse. im sure a factory worker would be much easier to talk and get corporate information then a person in phillipines.

**Also, just throwing it out their, maybe you could also call an area of motorola that never gets calls like this. Maybe call a section of motorola that is dedicated to investors or something. Then maybe you could get a higherups number. (you could be a millionaire that is looking to invest in a technology...lol)

Last edited: