Help with Clean tool script

mjh68

Reaction score
Sorry for starting a separate thread, but I tried to ask for help on XDA where the thread originated. It tells me I can't post on the developer's forum because I have a new account ?? So I have a new computer and I set up ADB on it, my phone shows up when I put in the command line .. ABD devices so I think it is set up properly. I followed the directions, downloaded script extracted to desktop, downloaded HTC USB drivers, plugged phone in charge only. So it runs through the script quickly says its finished, but when I read the lines it says can't find adb or something to that effect.
I am just trying to freeze the bloat so might just try the one-click root, but just trying to see what I could have done wrong so I can use ADB in the future or for future rooting methods relying on scripts.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry for starting a separate thread, but I tried to ask for help on XDA where the thread originated. It tells me I can't post on the developer's forum because I have a new account ?? So I have a new computer and I set up ADB on it, my phone shows up when I put in the command line .. ABD devices so I think it is set up properly. I followed the directions, downloaded script extracted to desktop, downloaded HTC USB drivers, plugged phone in charge only. So it runs through the script quickly says its finished, but when I read the lines it says can't find adb or something to that effect.
I am just trying to freeze the bloat so might just try the one-click root, but just trying to see what I could have done wrong so I can use ADB in the future or for future rooting methods relying on scripts.

Ok, here's what I need you to do. Run the script and post the output. It's the easiest way to troubleshoot the problem. Either post a screenshot or copy/paste some/all of the output

OP
M

mjh68

Reaction score
Ok, here's what I need you to do. Run the script and post the output. It's the easiest way to troubleshoot the problem. Either post a screenshot or copy/paste some/all of the output

I will as soon as I get home, working a 12 hr day shift. Quick question , are you talking about a screenshot or save it to Notepad ? Thanks for the help!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I will as soon as I get home, working a 12 hr day shift. Quick question , are you talking about a screenshot or save it to Notepad ? Thanks for the help!
Either one will do. Saving the output(notepad) would be better since we could see the full output. Are you using CleanTool 2.1.1 ? If so, before you run the script, edit it in notepad, word or whatever and remove "> NUL" from everywhere it appears. That part of the line keep the output from showing.

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
A simple reboot after you've installed the "goods" can't hurt either!

OP
M

mjh68

Reaction score
I wonder if I have adb installed to a different path than the script because when I ran the temp root command it says path not found. I also was unable to run the one click root script it says unable to find adb shell. To install adb I followed some instructions off a website and it had me install adb to c:\android-sdk\ should I change that ? when I go to a command prompt and run the command adb devices , its says starting daemon successful then my device is listed HT then some numbers show I am pretty sure adb is installed correctly. I didn't copy the output since it seems I am not even getting the command to the proper place.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if I have adb installed to a different path than the script because when I ran the temp root command it says path not found. I also was unable to run the one click root script it says unable to find adb shell. To install adb I followed some instructions off a website and it had me install adb to c:\android-sdk\ should I change that ? when I go to a command prompt and run the command adb devices , its says starting daemon successful then my device is listed HT then some numbers show I am pretty sure adb is installed correctly. I didn't copy the output since it seems I am not even getting the command to the proper place.

Ok that's one of your problems. Copy ADB from the android SDK into the CleanTool directory. If you have the Android SDK installed(not necessary for CleanTool), you should replace ADB that comes with the cleantool with your version of ADB.

If you unzip the cleantool zip file into c:\temp then you should have a director "c:\temp\CleanTool 2.1.1". open command prompt, type cd "\temp\CleanTool 2.1.1" . Then run cleantool.bat(or whatever the actual batch file is)

OP
M

mjh68

Reaction score
Ok that's one of your problems. Copy ADB from the android SDK into the CleanTool directory. If you have the Android SDK installed(not necessary for CleanTool), you should replace ADB that comes with the cleantool with your version of ADB.

If you unzip the cleantool zip file into c:\temp then you should have a director "c:\temp\CleanTool 2.1.1". open command prompt, type cd "\temp\CleanTool 2.1.1" . Then run cleantool.bat(or whatever the actual batch file is)

Thank you , I got it working ! froze all the bloat and I am a happy camper. Thank you for your patience , the OG droid was so easy to mess with I never really had to mess with ADB much . Everything was load apk or sbf, new to the HTC world and a little different with the drivers and HTC sync.

benny3

Reaction score

if you have any more problems with clean tool its best to come ask scott himself here Scott's ROMS

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
if you have any more problems with clean tool its best to come ask scott himself here Scott's ROMS

While I agree, I've been answering questions on this pretty much since Scott dropped it over on XDA. Pretty much anywhere you see this script, you'll see a ton of posts from me helping people out.

benny3

Reaction score
While I agree, I've been answering questions on this pretty much since Scott dropped it over on XDA. Pretty much anywhere you see this script, you'll see a ton of posts from me helping people out.

Sorry i didnt mean it that way , i dont want to step on any toes

jeffe65

Reaction score
I am wondering whether removing bloat will cause any problems when the ICS update finally gets pushed out for the Rezound. It may only be an issue if you've removed Sense, but then I suppose it's a simple enough matter to reinstall/enable if need be.

OP
M

mjh68

Reaction score
I am wondering whether removing bloat will cause any problems when the ICS update finally gets pushed out for the Rezound. It may only be an issue if you've removed Sense, but then I suppose it's a simple enough matter to reinstall/enable if need be.

I just removed the bloat , but if I am understanding the process should be easy enough to reinstall if need be. I still don't seem to have gained much in memory though. Still glad all the crap is at least hidden :happy3:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Cleantool only disables bloat. It will not interfere with any OTA update.

Sent with Rezound'ing success