I think you're opening a good can of worms as far as wanting to TEACH people, or do some analysis to find out WHY people won't learn ADB. I've been alarmed at how some of the end users are treated for asking about one-click rooting solutions. Sorry for the lengthy post.
ADB / command line entry / flashing (the whole rooting process) can be VERY intimidating to people whose computer knowledge is limited to playing Farmville on Facebook. Disclaimers about damaging the phone can also be scary to this type of person. Wiping the phone (for Tbolt) can be a deterrent. Do these people not deserve root if there was a safe one-click alternative that was idiot-proof? Why not? Because other people do it the "right way"?
My issue is that there are people who argue that if you're not willing to learn ADB, you don't deserve root - I'm not accusing the OP of this, just airing an opinion. It comes across as snobbish, and elitist. I agree that you should know what you're doing with your phone and what root is, etc. But to deny someone help because they used a "shortcut" made available by a member of the development community (something I've seen on other forums) is also not helpful to the community at large (again, not accusing the OP). I don't see how one-clicks are "not helping". Helping what? The android dev community is already huge. Let the end users be end users.
I don't have a problem with the one-clicks. Of course it is up to the developer to "write the scripts" correctly. It's a piece of software that should be thoroughly tested before it is released. If one-click solutions don't have any value, why would a developer go to the trouble of creating them? I would like to think they understand that not everyone is computer savvy and should be able to have the value of a rooted phone w/o knowing all the details.
With the older phones you had a plethora of choices (Z4Root, Soup or Root, Unrevoked, etc). No one was bricking phones (at least not that I saw on this board). That spoiled the general community. We became complacent. We became lazy. I used Z4Root on my D2G before I returned it. Why did I do that method? Because I knew it provided a good one-click root, and one-click unroot. Unroot took less than 5 seconds when I took it back to VZW.
I'm not holding my breath for a true one-click solution for the TBolt. The phone seems too locked down for that. I'm waiting until May to root mine (after free Hotspot expires). I hope the devs find a different exploit that doesn't require wiping, but I don't think that is likely.