Help with applying a new rom

tdelfie03

Reaction score
I have a rooted moto droid and i am having a problem getting a custom rom.I am trying to apply bugless beast V0.4. I dl it with no problem but when it asks me to wipe cache and reboot in recovery mode i get the triangle with the exclamation point in it. the only way to get out of it seems to be a battery pull. any help would be appreciated.thank-you

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you install SPRecovery or are you using Rom Manager?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I understand correctly, you want to use Rom Manager to install BB. If that is the case you do not need to boot into recovery.

Open RomManager, go to the rom section, then to the BB section and download BB. The status of the download is available in the notification area. Once the download is complete scroll down the notification bar and tap the notification. Rom Manager will open and ask if you want to make a backup and or wipe. When installing a new rom for the first time do a wipe and backup (always). Rom Manager will install and reboot your phone.

If you wish to use Rom Manager to flash SPRecovery so you can install roms via SPR then you need to open Rom Manager scroll to the bottom and flash the alternative recovery SPR.

Once your install SPR then boot into recovery (X and power) to make backups and install files (roms) that are available in the update.zip file format.

Hope this helps. If you have questions or concerns post and we'll get you through.

Mike

OP
T

tdelfie03

Reaction score
ok i did that and i got the screen with the triangle and exclamation point

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
To clarify-- you flashed the alternate recovery SPR and are still receiving the triangle and exclamation point?

If that is correct, can you please tell me what process you used to root your phone?
Did you install a terminal emulator from the market? If so, please open that app and type SU The $ should turn to #

Mike

OP
T

tdelfie03

Reaction score
Open RomManager, go to the rom section, then to the BB section and download BB. The status of the download is available in the notification area. Once the download is complete scroll down the notification bar and tap the notification. Rom Manager will open and ask if you want to make a backup and or wipe. When installing a new rom for the first time do a wipe and backup (always). Rom Manager will install and reboot your phone. that is what i did. sorry for being a pain

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Such serious issues with Rom Manager.

That's why I use SPR

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
SBF to root and to unroot

Go there. Do option 1 then option 2, then you can download any Rom from this site...including BB, and install

Rom Manager and easy root have been very problematic, from what I have seen

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
This is the second issue I have seen a person that used easy root have with RM. I use RM and while it is sometimes "temperamental" (try to new flash a ROM only to boot back up with the same one I was on) I always get it to work.

Try flashing an older version - 2.0.1.3 seems to work well for me.