Please help with recovery

mate01

Reaction score
Hello. I am having a problem booting into the recovery modes using ROM Manager. I have a droid 2.2 with root. Everytime I flash clockworkmod recovery and reboot it will get me to the recovery screen, but if I reboot the phone again it takes me to the exclamation point and I can't do anything else after that! I have to power down the phone and it boots up normally but I can never access the recovery after that. Can anyone help me out?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Rom Manager has been having problems latley. If you flash CW, you can get to recovery by powering up while holding X. Should work better then RM.

Reaction score
Mine wouldn't even get into recovery by powering up while holding X. It just shows the Motorola M.

InfernoX51

Reaction score
Something's up with the new CW I think. I just gave it a shot on mine and it launched, but I couldnt do anything. It sat there for a second and then just rebooted by itself. Gonna try and downgrade I think.

InfernoX51

Reaction score
Something's up with the new CW I think. I just gave it a shot on mine and it launched, but I couldnt do anything. It sat there for a second and then just rebooted by itself. Gonna try and downgrade I think.

Nevermind, I think its a RM issue. I just manually booted to CW and it worked fine.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If your having problems with CW/RM, you can try SPRecovery. Works great and now even eaiser, Link 2 of my sig. Option 1, then option 2. Can flash over any working D1 Android OS. :)