recovery help

hollowbox

Reaction score
Was going to install lithium mod pink life on my wifes phone.....rooted using easy root, used rom manager and flashed clockwork recovery etc........anyway, when I try to boot into recovery through rom manager it just goes to the screen with the triangle and that's it, just a screen with a triangle, an exclamation point, and a little phone.....nothing else. When I try to boot manually into recovery, or if I try and boot the phone normally after shutting it off I get a black screen that says bootloader 2c.6c on the top left. And then down a bit it says battery ok, ok to program, connect usb data cable. If I plug the phone into a charger it boots normal. What the hell is going on and what's the fix?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Open RM and try flashing an alternate recovery (usually SPRecovery), then go back and reflash clockworkmod. Do the once or twice more and that should clear it up.

OP
H

hollowbox

Reaction score
That worked and got me into clockwork recovery.....but......when I power off the phone and try to do a normal reboot it takes me to the black screen that's says bootloader at the top.......what the hell is that screen and why won't. The phone just boot normally. I have to plug it into a charger after a power down to get it to boot normal.

droidchickohnoes

Reaction score
That worked and got me into clockwork recovery.....but......when I power off the phone and try to do a normal reboot it takes me to the black screen that's says bootloader at the top.......what the hell is that screen and why won't. The phone just boot normally. I have to plug it into a charger after a power down to get it to boot normal.

This just happened to me. I could not get anything to work other than the UltimateDroid6.0 update.zip, and did that from clockwork, it booted back to normal on UD6. From there I am not having any issues updating Roms, or changing, but for the life of me it wont let me restore, but at least I got that fixed.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

How's your battery life? I've never had that problem before ... the only thing I can think of is that your battery maybe too drained?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

So you're saying you power off and power on it goes straight to bootloader. You're not holding any other buttons??

The bootloader is where you can reflash the OS or recovery via RSDlite and .sbf formatted files.