Help with Advanced Task Killer

107driver

Reaction score
Recently installed ATK, and not sure if it is working properly. When it populates the list of apps that I may kill, it always brings up apps that I have already killed, sometimes just 10 minutes earlier. This includes apps that I never use, such as Visual VM and Corporate Calendar.

1) How can I keep these apps dead?

2) Is there a way to uninstall them?

3) If they show up on the "KILL selected apps" menu, am I correct in assuming this means the lil' bastards are running?

Thanks,
_mh

OP
107driver

107driver

Reaction score
Bomber: posts here led me to believe that apps running in the background leeched battery life. Thoughts?

Hook: Care to translate for a tyro?

_mh

ShowTime

Reaction score
Threads on this forum should have done the excact opposite of suggesting you need a task killer or that apps running in the background kill the battery. General consensus is that both of those are 100% incorrect. You don't need one. Do a search for "apps running in background".
But as to your questions; certain apps are tied in to the OS and will always restart if killed. They can be removed, if you're rooted, but there is really no reason to do it. Just put it out of your mind and try to not let them bother you... they aren't bothering your Droid.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is no need for a task killer. Android handles the closing of applications very well on its own. You may very well have an application that is causing a problem. It may also be likely that you will slow your system down...most task killers install services that run continually.....also Android reuses objects when available to eliminate the overhead of creating new objects. Shutting down apps on your own may interfere or hinder the system from running efficiently.

If you would like a more detailed explanation of the frameworkVideos | Android Developers Hope that helps!

Along the same lines, do not install anitvirus software on the Droid. They are known resources hogs and totally unneccessary.