Help!!! Usb connection issue

xkwwwx

Reaction score
help. i have 6 usb ports on my computer which are full and 14 usb ports on attached hubs,and the droid will only connect on the ports on the computer. and it is too far away from my desk.

mact

Reaction score
That is likely because the hubs are not able to provide adequate power. A USB extension cable should work.

It is also a bit complicated getting the sd card recognized by the computer.

when you plug it in to USB port, a USB symbol appears at the very top left of the screen. You need to touch and drag that down (tricky to do unless you have nice pointy fingers). Then you have to "unmount" the card in the dialogs that come up from that drawn down item. only then will it be seen by the computer. This is because the chip can't answer to two masters at the same time<G>.

jwd45244

Reaction score
That is likely because the hubs are not able to provide adequate power. A USB extension cable should work.

It is also a bit complicated getting the sd card recognized by the computer.

when you plug it in to USB port, a USB symbol appears at the very top left of the screen. You need to touch and drag that down (tricky to do unless you have nice pointy fingers). Then you have to "unmount" the card in the dialogs that come up from that drawn down item. only then will it be seen by the computer. This is because the chip can't answer to two masters at the same time<G>.

How is it complicated?

Look on the "Other Tips & Tricks" Page of your getting started booklet. The whole process is described by 5 sentence fragments in Item 5.

Not complicated at all.

JBag

Reaction score
one thing i have noticed is that nothing is difficult on this device...some things just might have more steps than others...

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
one thing i have noticed is that nothing is difficult on this device...some things just might have more steps than others...

+1 on that. For me, it's coming from a Storm that causes me to take a bit of time to find things, but once I do, it's oh so simple.