Droid and Windwos 7

OP
nagchampa

nagchampa

Reaction score
The conclusion I am starting to come to is that most of these type of problems have to do with Windows 7 64 bit. I have issues with other external hardware that I use with my laptop for work that have to do with 64 bit. This is a huge problem for me that probably warrants that I return the laptop I just got from Dell and build a new system that can run in 32 bit and XP mode.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
go to start --> Devices and Printers...

find Motorola A855...

right click. go to properties. click Hardware tab.

tell me what is listed there.

OP
nagchampa

nagchampa

Reaction score
the list under the hardware tab is
E:\
Motorola A855 USB Device
USB Mass Storage Device

I did connect the droid before I did this. The "Device Status" says this device is working properly.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I run 7 64 bit w/ my droid and all of my other hardware flawlessly. As a matter of fact, upon installation on a freshly formatted and partitioned HD, Windows 7 found and installed all the appropriate drivers for me.

Best OS ever.

2 cents

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
the list under the hardware tab is
E:\
Motorola A855 USB Device
USB Mass Storage Device

I did connect the droid before I did this. The "Device Status" says this device is working properly.

looks like you are missing USB Composite Device and ADB Interface Device...

try to uninstall the two components listed under your device... then reboot, and install the Motorola 4.2 drivers

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I run 7 64 bit w/ my droid and all of my other hardware flawlessly. As a matter of fact, upon installation on a freshly formatted and partitioned HD, Windows 7 found and installed all the appropriate drivers for me.

Best OS ever.

2 cents

yes Win7 OS is great... little problems with UAC and Administrator... and i hate automatic install of some drivers (mainly graphics drivers, pisses me off haha)... but with a little patience, everything is up and running flawlessly :)

dhuism2

Reaction score
I'm assuming the threadstarter upgraded from another operating system to Windows 7. I did the same thing and learned that a clean install doesn't present the same problems for us.

I've done everything that everyone has suggested in this thread and much, much more, and it won't cooperate. Either you'll have to find a new workaround or wait for one of these companies to fix their problems.

vzwdroidtech

Reaction score
i have windows 7 x64 and no problems what so ever

I have Windows 7 / 64 bit as well and no problems.

+1 W7x64 no problems with 'mounting my droid'...HA

Have never had a problem with 64 bit. Three different external hard drives (one's an 8GB flash), Droid, and two cameras. Everything syncs just fine.

I am using two Win7 machines. #1 is an HP DV7 that was upgraded from Vista 64-bit to Win7 home premium 64-bit. #2 is a Gateway Netbook, also to Win7 home premium from Vista, but 32-bit. On both machines I have always mounted my Moto DROID, ans eject it prior to release. Extra step? Yes, but never had an issue with USB or file corruption using either system.

EvoX777

Reaction score
I'm also having the same issue. Hopefully we can piece together enough similarities to pinpoint the issue and fix it. I had been using Windows 7 x64 RC1 when I got my Droid. Drivers, root and everything went flawlessly. Over this past weekend I had to update to Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (due to beta expiration) and now I get the same issue. Windows chose a generic. USB Composite device driver and simply refuses to replace it with the driver I originally used from the Android SDK or from the Motorola 4.2 installer. Unfortunately I'm fearing that a format & reinstall of Windows will be my only hope.