Droid and Windwos 7

nagchampa

Reaction score
i just got my new laptop with Windows 7. I connected my Droid through one of the USB ports. it is actually some combination eSATA/USB port? anyway, the new computer recognized it, I mounted it and could see all of my pics and videos on the computer, great huh. After I disconnected the Droid, all of the USB ports went dead and would not recognize the phone or my thumb drive. i rebooted the computer and all of the USB ports came back and my thumb drive works fine. But, now the Droid will charge but will not show up as a drive. It repeatedly asks me to mount the device. I updated my Dell drivers and Dell tech support indicated that it is most likely a compatibility issue with the device and windows 7, but could not explain why it worked once. the droid makes all of it's little noises and says it is connected. anyone got any ideas?

R1Lover

Reaction score
mine works great with win7 so that's not it.

reboot your phone and computer and try again.

aarontliu

Reaction score
Geez. I'm getting a Windows 7 laptop next week. I'd like to see what the problem is too.

OP
nagchampa

nagchampa

Reaction score
i did power off / on, should i do a battery removal?

korp

Reaction score
Your mounting it each time right? There was a thread talking about adb in the root section and had drivers to download .... I would try to find that if a shift + alt + delete (replaces battery pulls) doesn't work.

OP
nagchampa

nagchampa

Reaction score
i did all of this and am still getting the same result

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
on my laptop with win7 I have this issue also, i have found that if i plug the phone in, hit go to boot, and dont actually sign into my laptop i can mount on the phone, then sign in and that works... or i just use filezilla on my laptop and ftpserver on the phone to do it all wirelessly

Sykes

Reaction score
Win7 32 bit on a Sony laptop that had Vista on it. No issues at all. Easier to modify this Droid than any phone I ever used BitPim for in the last 6-7 years.

You probably have an app installed on your phone that freezes on a USB mount event.

Worst case scenario... get a microSD card adapter and plug that into your laptop. 3 lefts to mke a right, but it will getter done for ya.

OP
nagchampa

nagchampa

Reaction score
on my laptop with win7 I have this issue also, i have found that if i plug the phone in, hit go to boot, and dont actually sign into my laptop i can mount on the phone, then sign in and that works... or i just use filezilla on my laptop and ftpserver on the phone to do it all wirelessly

Thank you qwiksilver711. What do you mean exactly by "go to boot". Also explain the ftpserver on the phone. Besides that, what i don't understand is why 2 separate Motorola techs have told me that the Droid will not work this way "yet" with Windows 7, but some here say it works w/ no problem for them. The techs have told me that it may work a time or possibly two but that it is "unstable". I don't get it, I'm getting very frustrated with it all. I appreciate any and all insight and advice.