HELP!! Stuck at Recovery Screen

OP
Godfather

Godfather

Reaction score
Cool...I'll try it this afternoon and hit you back if/when I encounter any issues. Thanks again

OP
Godfather

Godfather

Reaction score
Update: Followed Moto's instructions and everything seemed to work, I had the screens at the end I should have and everything. Is there a way I can double check to make sure I'm rooted? Also, since I went through that procedure, can I delete Universal Android Root? I don't see the little Ninja on my phone that says I'm rooted, I still see the one that Universal put there...any ideas or comments are appreicated. Also, now that I'm supposedly rooted, should I be able to install ROMs through ROM Manager now? Are now that I followed Motos walk through, is there an easier or more efficient way to install ROM and Kernels?

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
For anyone who might read this since I answered that question in a PM...

Download a terminal emulator from the market and open it, type in su -- if the prompt changes to a # you have root access.

And the icon for the ninja dude has been changed to a pirate theme for the latest version of SuperUser Permissions. Some people think it's more appropriate -- I just think it's a lot cuter. :D