Boots into recovery but no option for restore?!

tino72

Reaction score
Hello, New here and to dealing with custom roms ive researched some but cannot find the answer. I was installing darkslide rom on my droidx and its stuck on boot up, i tried booting it into recovery but the option to restore isnt in the options, it just says
android system recovery <3e>
reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory rest
wipe cache partition

very bottom it says
E:cant open /cache/recovery/command

If i reboot it it just sits on same start up screen, ive tried wiping, factory reset nothing else comes up for me to try restoring it or going into sd to find my old Liberty rom zip to put that back on???HELP!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I "know nothing about the X", but I did find these notes on your issue (well at least I think they are on your issue). This came from a series of posts about rebooting into Clockwork:

However there SHOULD be a way in to cm recovery if you bootstrap recovery. My undrstanding is there is a script written in to the boot process where if you don't fully boot up it will force the phone in to cm recovery the next time it tries to boot normally. I have almost always been able to get in to cm from the phone being off, but it may take a few tries.

when you boot the phone up, @ the boot logo screen (the M) its a point where the screen dims. pull the battery at that point then reboot. u may have to try a couple times if u dont get it the 1st time

Yes that's one of the ways to do it. Or you can boot in to stock recovery and pull the battery and then boot back in to recovery and reboot, and it may or may not go in to cm recovery. Or you can pull the battery and while the phone is off plug it in to a wall charger and when the battery charging icon comes up pull the battery again and try to boot normally, according to koush's website all that really needs to happen for the script to insert itself is for the phone to fail to boot entirely.

Trust me, after a few soft bricks, you will become a master at navigating stock and clockwork recovery, sbf, and everything else that goes along with hacking a droid 2. Its incovenient at times but you WILL know exactly what to do with any issue that arises with a little practice. I agree its a headache, but to me its better than stock.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pulling the battery out when the M dims, sent me into CM recovery. This is why it's important to join forums like this. Very nice important piece of information presented here.

Casen

Reaction score
Your phone is opening stock recovery. You need clockworkmod recovery for the restore. Since u said u were installing the rom, I am assuming you already have it, and its just not booting into that.

Am i assuming correctly?