Recovery Boot Issues

Truffs

Reaction score
I just recently rooted my droid eris and I wanted to install a custom rom onto it but whenever I try to boot into recovery this happens:
f8c21362944e0c444fdd4b5149466f8b.png

Then if I hold power the up volume while that sign is there is happens:
59e67bdc6609e4296be0980c39c26e97.png

On this screen it says:
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
And at the top it says: Android system recovery <2e>
and it lists these options:
-Reboot system now
-Apply sdcard:update.zip
-Wipe data/factory reset
-Wipe cache partion

HOW DO I FIX THIS?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Congratulations, you are in recovery. That is where you install the ROMS you have downloaded. If you haven't loaded them yet, reboot into android and put the ROM you want on the SD card. What you see is the recovery screen.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
T

Truffs

Reaction score
Congratulations, you are in recovery. That is where you install the ROMS you have downloaded. If you haven't loaded them yet, reboot into android and put the ROM you want on the SD card. What you see is the recovery screen.

So I cant do a nandroid backup? And I have to name my ROM update.zip?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Lets make sure first. Download an app called ROM manager and see if you can flash the alternate recovery. Its one of the options inside ROM manager. If you can do that, then you are rooted and should be able to install ROMS as update.zip files.

Last edited:
OP
T

Truffs

Reaction score
Also, do you have an app in the app drawer called superuser? Its icon is a skull and crossbones.

Yes ik that i am rooted and i have superuser. Also I did download Rom manager and downloaded their recovery and that didnt work at all I still had my old recovery menu. I DONT KNOW WHY ITS BEING A *****

sjpritch25

Reaction score
How did you enter recovery?

Turn phone off
Press and hold Vol-down and End/pwr button simultaneously. Using Trackball scroll down to Recovery. It depends on your bootloader, but mine looks like this. My phone is full s-off though.

sjpritch25

Reaction score
Here are some more pics. For flashing a new just make sure you follow the directions at xda-developers
HTC Eris - XDA-Developers

There a bunch of roms to choose. Most of the froyo roms are old and not updated anymore.

Here are pics of doing a nanbackup and flashing a rom. Before flashing a new rom make sure you wipe data/factore reset, dalvik-cache, and cache. AFter you have done a backup of course.

OP
T

Truffs

Reaction score
Thanks guys fixed it just needed to downgrade my version of clockwork flash recovery