Droid ERIS stuck at Boot Screen / wont boot into Recovery

brutalDROID

Reaction score
Ive got a Droid Eris thats stuck at the boot screen where the Droid Skateboarders are. I can boot into the stock recovery, and my options are this:
FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
CLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK

When trying to go into Recovery, I see this error as its loading up: E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

..and I have the following options:
Reboot System Now
Apply sdcard:update.zip
Wipe data/factory reset (tried it)
Wipe cache/partition (tried it)

I have no option to mount as as USB storage, therefore i'm unable to add a new firmware to the SD card in order to use the "apply sdcard:update.zip" command. Im pretty much stuck here, and VZW wont do much cause its out of warranty. Anyone know?

hackedos

Reaction score
Sounds like you've lost the boot image.. is this a custom rom?

Sent from my ERIS-ADR6200 using DroidForums

OP
brutalDROID

brutalDROID

Reaction score
I honestly cant remember...this is my brothers phone. I rooted it for him a while back, and he didnt like it beign rooted (idk why)..So I thought I SBPed back to stock, but I honestly have no clue. I KNOW that he didnt have Superuser app in his app drawer, so my guess is that it is in fact stock.

hackedos

Reaction score
I honestly cant remember...this is my brothers phone. I rooted it for him a while back, and he didnt like it beign rooted (idk why)..So I thought I SBPed back to stock, but I honestly have no clue. I KNOW that he didnt have Superuser app in his app drawer, so my guess is that it is in fact stock.

This may be a long shot, but do you remember if you swapped memory card? Its possible that's where the boot image is.

sent from my Eris cm7

hackedos

Reaction score
Ill keep seeing what I can do. Ill send anything you need from my Eris if you find its missing something

sent from my Eris cm7

RnR

Reaction score
I have an HTC Droid Eris that is doing exactly the same thing....anyone know if there is a fix for this? I follow the steps in another post to try to load a new "everything" that I can find, it will not take the sd card .zip. It goes back to the skateboarding androids and stays on that screen forever!! AGHHHHHHHHH HELP??? oh Thank to anyone that can help in advance- although it looks like there is no hope for any of us experiencing this issue. BTW I forgot this only happened after I did a Verizon update on the phone.