HTC Droid Eris stuck on boot screen. Help!!

ivanc30

Reaction score
My HTC Eris won't turn on. Stuck at boot screen where droids are. Help!!

OP
I

ivanc30

Reaction score
Tried that. I'm out of warranty, because I disconnected my phone from Verizon. Also called HTC and they said I had to take it to Verizon. Is there some other way I could fix it myself?

OP
I

ivanc30

Reaction score
Fixed!!

I Fixed following this Tutorial.
[video=youtube;_brg2NbBmx8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_brg2NbBmx8]YouTube - How To - Root the HTC Droid Eris (www.TheUnlockr.com)[/video]

I rooted my phone and that fixed it.

shadowman1990

Reaction score
droid eris problems

im experienceing the same problems.... i tryed to copy the file but i cant hook my phone to the computer for some reason.... please explain how u did it.... thanks

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
What you need to do is buy a microSD adapter that way you can put files on your memory card without having to plug your phone into the computer. You need that file on your memory though. I ran into this problem too the very first time I tried to root my phone. You need to get that file on your memory card and make sure the phone is off, the do a recovery startup (volume down + power) Then hit the volume up button and use the trackball to select "flash zip from sd card." Select the ROM file that you downloaded. Wait until that's finished and power the phone off. Then just do a regular boot (power button), and that should fix your problem. If it doesn't, give your email address and I can send you the same program that Verizon uses to reset a HTC Droid Eris back to factory with 2.1.

:droideris:

shadowman1990

Reaction score
spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 i will go buy that.... if i do root the phone is there any way to un root it afterwards???? because i have no clue what rooting it means or does

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Yes it is possible to unroot but I really think that once you see the possibilities after you root, you won't want to go back ! Lol. Just make sure you run a nandroid backup before you flash anything !

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

shadowman1990

Reaction score
got the file on the sd card

i got the file on the sd card but i tryed what you said and im not quite getting it.... a lil more info please.

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Ok now you need to turn the phone off, then turn it back on by pressing volume down + end at the same time and this will bring up the hboot menu. Now press the volume up button and this will bring up the recovery menu. Use the trackball to select "flash zip from SD card." Use the trackball again to select the ROM that you put on your memory card and install it. When it is finished, power down the phone then turn it back on just by pressing the end button. Let your phone sit until the ROM boots up. If it doesn't work just post here again saying exactly what happen and what ROM you are trying to flash.

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

shadowman1990

Reaction score
spc

ok i can bring up the hboot screne. if i press volume up it just moves me around.so i press the volume button until im on recovery. i click recovery it goes to the 3 droids skateboarding then to then it goes to a droid phone with a red triangle with an ! inside it and it stays there. the only thing i can make it do from there is press volume up and end button. it brings me to system recovery (2e) ....... it gives me these 4 otpions.
Reboot system now
apply sdcard: update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
so i assuming i go to apply sdcard. then it says cant open /cache/recovery/command then it shows the info on why and it says (no such file or directory).... does it matter if there is other stuff on the sd card or should it all be blank except the file?
sorry its so confusing

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
i click recovery it goes to the 3 droids skateboarding then to then it goes to a droid phone with a red triangle with an ! inside it and it stays there.

What this means is that you've lost your recovery menu. What you need to do is reroot your phone so you can have a custom recovery menu. Follow the steps here and let me know what happens.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...e-root-flash-android-2-2-froyo-your-eris.html

If you follow this guide step by step you will have no problem rooting and flashing a custom ROM to your phone. :droideris: