HELP SBF with BAD BUTTONS

ttreed07

Reaction score
So i was happily running Liberty v.8 and loving life. There were a few issues but nothing i wasn't willing to live with. Well over the past few days i have lost the use of my back, camera and volume down buttons. I am currently using button saver and it has been working okay for me. Also my sd card has gone bad and my phone will no longer read it. I have already tried factory reset 2 or 3 times via the settings menu because i cannot do anything without a camera button in clockwork. I know that i am going to need to SBF back to 2.3.340, using rsdlite, in order to take it back into verizon to get it replaced. My question is if i will need to do anything special with the buttons i have that do not work? Please and thank you for any advice it will be accepted gladly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you're looking to replace the device you need to SBF back to froyo, then install official 596 gingerbread to be up to date. You also might want to sync your google account or something so it doesn't look suspicious.

Sent from the mind of a 15 year old.

nobull

Reaction score
You will have to get into USB mode. This is done by holding the down rocker and the camera button while turning on the power.

Sent from my DROIDX

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
He is asking how to enter bootloader mode and then also do a data wipe with bad buttons. If his buttons worked, he wouldn't have to ask...

OP, I am not sure... wish I could help

sent from my ApeX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thats the wonderful thing of the d2. If the buttons don't work, you can use the keyboard arrows, OK button and delete button to navigate recovery. I'm not sure what to do on the dx.

From the Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

CD95YJ

Reaction score
you can sbf back to 2.3.340 without having to boot into the bootloader, so no buttons required. Hook your phone up to the computer and use the pull down screen to select the usb connection type. Put you phone into "pc mode" and when you press start on rsdlite it will automatically put your phone into the bootloader.

you can even bypass froyo by getting the full, unrooted .596 gingerbread sbf file and loading that the same way.

PARick

Reaction score
Before you take it back, try something. Uninstall whatever home launcher you are using, then reinstall it, or another one. That very thing happened to me on my rooted D1, and I uninstalled Launcher Pro, and installed another one and the buttons worked perfectly. Then I reinstalle LP and the worked perfectly. Worth a shot.