Help please with new Note4

Tim R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Epic 4
Picked up a Note4 yesterday and am moving right along on it's feature/works. When I first started working with it...the was a little Wi-Fi icon up in the top left notice/info bar. For some reason it disappeared...and now I don't know if the Wi-Fi is working or not until a click through the settings and fine it. My connection has been strong all day...but there's no indication of this up in the top left of the screen which I assum is a 'notifications' drop down area.

How do I get my wifi service to again show up there when it's active...it is on and running but no visable icon/notification message on the Note4 ?

Thanks...TRinAz

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
When you're connected to wifi, you should see this icon in the upper right, by the clock.
uploadfromtaptalk1424378353220.jpeg

I assume you're talking about the one labeled wifi that I have on the left when I open my notifications though. To get that, pull down your notifications & tap this button to view all quick toggles.
uploadfromtaptalk1424378437415.jpeg

Then, you can tap this button to edit the ones that show up when you first pull the bar down. You get 2 sections of toggles that you can scroll left or right, but they offer more than will fit. You can drag and drop the ones you'll use most frequently to make them easier to access, as I've done with mine.
uploadfromtaptalk1424378513179.jpeg

Congrats on the phone & I hope that helps!

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum & congrats on your new device!
I know it sounds simple, but have you tried rebooting your phone? You could even power down, pull the battery for a few minutes, then replace and power it back up. When WiFi is on, (as you know), you "should" have a WiFi icon in your notification bar. Try these two suggestions first and we'll go from there. Hopefully by then one of our Note 4 members can weigh in with a suggestion.
Good luck & hang in there, we'll get you fixed up.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Welcome to the forum & congrats on your new device!
I know it sounds simple, but have you tried rebooting your phone? You could even power down, pull the battery for a few minutes, then replace and power it back up. When WiFi is on, (as you know), you "should" have a WiFi icon in your notification bar. Try these two suggestions first and we'll go from there. Hopefully by then one of our Note 4 members can weigh in with a suggestion.
Good luck & hang in there, we'll get you fixed up.

S5 tap'n
Too late. We must've been composing at exactly the same time. I was having some trouble with Tapatalk uploading the screenshots, or I would've beat you by a bigger margin. ;)

EDIT: Geez. Those screenshots are HUGE on the PC. I'll have to keep that in mind...

EDIT 2: I just figured out that I can insert them as thumbnails if I edit from the PC. That's good to know. Would be nice if Tapatalk offered such an option...

Reactions: cr6