I can no longer turn on Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, please help

DonkeyDC

Reaction score
Just the other day my phone (Motorola droid) was working flawlessly and I was on Wi-Fi, then all of a sudden it just stopped working. I havent installed any new apps, and I've been running 2.2.

When I turn on Wi-Fi, it just flickers like it's turning on but never does. When I try to turn on bluetooth, it says turning on and then comes back with the check box unchecked.

Please help.
Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just the other day my phone (Motorola droid) was working flawlessly and I was on Wi-Fi, then all of a sudden it just stopped working. I havent installed any new apps, and I've been running 2.2.

When I turn on Wi-Fi, it just flickers like it's turning on but never does. When I try to turn on bluetooth, it says turning on and then comes back with the check box unchecked.

Please help.
Thanks

Provided you're not running any task killers or virus protection (remove them if you are) I'd say do a factory data reset. If the problem still exists after the reset, then take it back to Verizon why you still have a warranty. Factory data reset can be done by going to settings/privacy/factory data reset.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do I understand correctly -- you have a Droid with 2.2 (rooted?) and when on wifi the phone stopped working. You have not installed any new apps or updates. In addition to wifi, blue tooth is not working. Is this correct?

OP
D

DonkeyDC

Reaction score
Do I understand correctly -- you have a Droid with 2.2 (rooted?) and when on wifi the phone stopped working. You have not installed any new apps or updates. In addition to wifi, blue tooth is not working. Is this correct?

No, my phone is not rooted (stock, just apps) and my wi-fi just stopped working all of a sudden. Bluetooth no longer turns on either.

I do have advanced task killer and quick restart installed, which I just uninstalled.

OP
D

DonkeyDC

Reaction score

Please help.
Thanks

Provided you're not running any task killers or virus protection (remove them if you are) I'd say do a factory data reset. If the problem still exists after the reset, then take it back to Verizon why you still have a warranty. Factory data reset can be done by going to settings/privacy/factory data reset.

If I do a factory reset, im going to lose everything I have installed....correct?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If a factory reset does not rectify then a trip to VZW is your best bet. Sorry

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Two things. Just reboot the phone and see what happens. I've had similar problems that a simple reboot of the phone fixes.

Failing that, a factory data reset fixes alot more stuff, you will lose your texts, call log, and any special ringtone, notifications and alarms settings, but you won't lose your apps. But if you go that route, make sure you just leave your phone alone for awhile after re-signing into your google (gmail) account and hopefuly your wifi will work now. Wait until your phone shows that 'x' amount of apps restored in your notification bar.

If all that doesn't work, then yes, a trip to VZW is in order.

good luck

OP
D

DonkeyDC

Reaction score
Looks like I need a trip to the v-store :icon_evil:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry that I had to leave and that was not able to help. I hope the VZW folks will be able to resolve for you.

OP
D

DonkeyDC

Reaction score
Wow, I woke up this morning to my BT and WiFi working...dancedroid wth?