My Wi-Fi consistently disconnects then reconnects several times per minute!!

smuggy

Reaction score
This has been an issue since I've owned my X2 but I'm finally seeking some advice as I'm tired of putting up with it.

I could be browsing the internet, watching YouTube, or doing whatever and it seems like at least once per minute my phone will disconnect from my Wi-Fi connection at home (or anywhere else for that matter). In my notification bar it says "Wi-Fi connections available" and it reconnects about 30 seconds (or less) later. The blue internet icon (in notification bar) goes gray, then it disappears and quickly reappears and connects again turning back to blue.

I have many other devices (TV, PS3, etc.) hooked up to my home Wi-Fi and haven't had any issues other than with my X2.

Anybody know what's going on and how I can fix this issue? Thanks in advance for your help!

-Mitch

OP
S

smuggy

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody else has had this issue!?

Maybe the right person hasn't seen this thread yet....

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can try wiping cache or doing a factory reset, but odds are you will need to get rid of all the factory bloatware to cure the issue, or possibly flash a custom rom.dancedroid

chickaholic

Reaction score
Hi. You are not alone! This happens occasionally with my HTC Droid Incredible - and for no obvious reason. I have been able to stop this by shutting down, removing and reinserting the battery and restarting. That holds it over until it happens again - which sometimes can be months apart. I'm up for an upgrade and looking at the GS3 or *maybe* the Droid DNA (waiting on full specs). In any case, I'm happy I won't have to deal with this or the other know issues with these 'older' Droids :).