HELP...need to send phone back to Verizon and its BRICKED

outkastragtop

Reaction score
So I received a replacement X and i need to send the defective one back. Problem is, I updated to the OTA 2.2 on the defective phone and it was rooted, and remained rooted after I updated.

I rooted with one click root on Windows. I tried to unroot it using the same program and Superuser Permission still stayed in my app drawer even after a factory reset. Basically it unrooted but left the Superuser Permission app on my phone. I decided to try to flash the SBF to go back to stock 2.1 and it bricked my phone. I'm stuck in the boatloader and it will not reboot, or boot into recovery mode.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP, I NEED TO UNBRICK THIS PHONE AND NOT VOID MY WARRANTY.

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
Ok,you rooted,something went wrong,and you want them to warranty the phone? Seriously?Where im from they call that.... You wanna play ,you gotta pay...no disrespect,but it is what it is....send it back and hope for the best,but be ready for the worst...

OP
O

outkastragtop

Reaction score
No no no, you misunderstood.

The HARD KEYS on the phone were defective so I called Verizon to get a replacement due to that issue. The phone happened to be rooted and on 2.2 but it wouldnt unroot. So like an idiot i tried to flash the 2.1 SBF and it said success in RSDLite, but is now stuck in the boot loader mode.

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
Good luck...I know what you are saying, but you know how fast that will get you....I want to root so bad itt hurts,but I cant afford another phone...so im stuck stock until verizon allows rooting (never)........or I have an extra 450 laying around.....good luck to you, imo, the buttons feel weak, I'm not surprised one failed.

OP
O

outkastragtop

Reaction score
OK well...

All i want to know is if someone can help me to unbrick this thing. I dont care if it goes back to rooted 2.2 or unrooted whatever, just want it unbricked.

hookerdj

Reaction score
didnt the change the keys in the sbf so you couldnt use it any more?????just what i heard o well sorry guy...

OP
O

outkastragtop

Reaction score
That's what I thought...you mean to tell me nothing can be done to fix this? I've always seen posts where people have said you can unbrick.

If ANYONE knows what they're doing and can help as opposed to providing snide remarks it would be greatly appreciated. Im here for help which is what I feel this forum is for.

OP
O

outkastragtop

Reaction score
No im actually stuck IN BOOTLOADER...RSDlite recognizes my X if I plug it in and if I run the sbf file it will say "sw update in progress" on my phone and RSD lute will says complete but in stead of rebooting my X just goes back to the bootloader screen and I can't get out of it. So isnt there something I can flash from here to save my X???

Anyones help is greatly appreciated as I have to bring this phone back to Verizon tomorrow.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do not know of anything that can be done until we get a new sbf. Try to get the rep at the store flash it with rsd lite. They probably have the new sbf with the new keys.

The sbf you flash will not work, as it is flashing OLD keys to the phone. But, an sbf cannot reach all the signed keys in the phone, so when it boots up and sees that the keys do not match throughout the phone, it boots it into the bootloader until you can flash the new keys to it. We, at this time, do not have the sbf with the new keys, so there is nothing we can do.

Sent from my Droid

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Dude.. It doesnt matter. Send it back as is. The RMA team has no idea whats wrong with your phone. Even if it stuck at the M alot of Non modified DX had that issue with the 2.2 OTA. Just tell them when you shipped it back it worked fine. The phone is wiped. You got a pretty good shot at not spending a dime.

DroidX101

Reaction score
the same thing kinda happend to me, flashed with the 2.1 and bricked, nothing can be done. I told verizon I had the m screen then it bricked on me. they sent me a new one.