anyway to hide superuser permissions icon?

Reaction score
my droid has been sluggish lately, and i want to send it back to see if i can get a new droid 2 since this is the 2nd droid they've sent me O_O

i am stuck in a quasi root/unroot land. i've been rooted since 2.0.1, but i was never able to get unrooted, or at least have the superuser permissions icon disappear. through countless updates that little annoying ninja icon stays there, and i don't want verizon to freak out when i have to send my phone back to them. so is there a way to hide this? i've tried uninstalling it, and i downloaded the new superuser app from the market, then attempted to unroot, but it still remains... any help at all is appreciated! thanks!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did you ever try using link one in my sig?

OP
B
Reaction score
@crspang: universal androot failed to unroot and root my phone o_o wut

@abe21599: i'll give link one a try right now, thanks

OP
B
Reaction score
ok, so everything went peachy until i went to turn my phone on after making the advanced nandroid backup. now my phone doesn't recognize my battery's charge (its was at 80% at time of the recovery change) so whenever i turn it on, my phone turns right off. i also have no voice/data/gps coverage at all. all my widgets are blank or displaying "Loading data..." interesting.... any way to undo/fix this?

OP
B
Reaction score
update: my phone turned off, and now i have Edge and 1 bar of voice service. it keep getting a force close error: "Sorry! Process system is not responding." it keeps turning on and off over and over again

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
update: my phone turned off, and now i have Edge and 1 bar of voice service. it keep getting a force close error: "Sorry! Process system is not responding." it keeps turning on and off over and over again

wipe data/cache then install teh backup

OP
B
Reaction score
i did that, and the problem is still there. no voice/data/gps, phone doesn't recognize battery and power cycles every few minutes

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
id suggest going back to stock if youre having those problems. use link 1 to do that.

OP
B
Reaction score
unfortunately i can't, i can't mount my phone to the computer because its all messed up now aha when my brother gets back from vacation i can put it on his SD card and then put it in my phone, but until then its back to my samsung u540... flip phone ftw

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
I may be wrong (I bet I'm not) but it sounds like we have another ESE81_SPRecovery victim.

I have a question -- seriously -- at this point, who's rooting ESE81? Nobody. And if they need to, they can use my process. Can we please just delete all references to ESE81_SPRecovery that are found anywhere on this site? Or if they are all pulling the file from one place, just remove the file from that place so nobody can get to it. No offense to mbm of course -- his SBF is awesome and was a miracle to ESE81 phones, but at this point, it's breaking more phones than it's fixing (no fault of mbm's - the wrong tool is being used for the job).

To the OP with the temporarily trashed phone -- the correct way to prep your phone to go back to Verizon (since you don't care about wiping all the data -- in fact you'd prefer it) is to boot into the bootloader, flash on the FRG01B or FRG22D SBF file (same method as you used to flash on ESE81_SPRecovery), and then everything is back to square 1 - your phone boots and is happy, and if you want you can boot into stock recovery and wipe data and cache for good measure.

If you don't know how to do any of those things a RS dude can help fill in the blanks. Sorry for your trouble. Your situation is fixable -- don't despair.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can "hide" apps with launcherpro. Including su apk. put that is a temporary hide that can easily be exposed if they got to another or stock launcher.

OP
B
Reaction score
yeah, this needs to be permanent so verizon doesn't know i was dicking around with it. OS updates and factory resetting have failed to get rid of it though =/