HELP! --- My D2G won't turn on or charge!

Sid

Reaction score
My Droid 2 Global is fairly new, less than a month old.
I do not have a warranty on it. (but doesn't it automatically come with a 90 if-your-phone-stops-working-and-its-not-your-fault-we'll-fix-it warranty?)

Anyways, I was charging the phone and forgot that it was on. Hadn't been plugged in more than thirty seconds though and battery was not overheated. I was getting ready to turn it off and I notice that its charging icon showed that it wasn't plugged in. I checked everything and it was indeed, fully plugged in. All of a sudden the screen freezes and all buttons stop working. It has done this countless times before off the charger, so I took out the battery, blew on it, put it in and tried to turn it back on. No luck. Then I thought maybe the battery needs to be charged. I tried plugging it in and it was as if the phone wouldn't register at all. I let it sit all night, tried it again the next morning. No luck. Tried the USB charger, nothing.

My phone had been acting funny since I got it. It would often lag and not register simple things. Sometimes it wouldn't wake up from sleep mode until I turned it off and let it sit. I never had many things running at once, but that's one of the features of the Android : to run many apps at once.

I've always taken care of this phone like a kid, no dropping, no unsafe apps or website viewing, always with me, etc.

What should I do?

P.S. My phone never came with the official owner's manual, so if there is an easy fix to this I wouldn't know.
P.P.S. My phone is not rooted.

TJConnery

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to head to the verizon store.

Have you tried booting into recovery? Search this forum for the keystrokes.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
ok if you still have a 90 day return i would get in my car right now and go get another

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to head to the verizon store.

Have you tried booting into recovery? Search this forum for the keystrokes.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Wow, what a useful post.

To the OP, are you running any sort of anti virus or task killer apps? Are you using the stock motorola charger that came with the phone? Have you downloaded/installed anything new recently?

You could try booting into recovery (which is pressing X on the keyboard while holding the power button), you'll get an exclamation point inside a triangle with a little android dude. Press the search key on the keyboard, then go to wipe cache. When that's done, go to reboot. See if it helps. If not, you may have to do the same thing, but select wipe data/factory reset. This will remove ALL data that you have put on the phone since you got it, but won't touch your SD card. You can use Titanium Backup to save all your app data, so you won't lose high scores, settings, etc.

If that doesn't work, you could SBF, but I'd probably just take it back to the store.

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
3 out of 3 agree

the store thing seems like the best idea, if he has already done all of what you just said

patz2009

Reaction score
Definitely go to the VZW store. They essentially have a 30 (not 90) day "no questions asked" return policy. And if you don't like the D2G for whatever reason, you also have the ability to pay a restocking fee ($35) and essentially trade to whatever phone you want.