White charging light is on, but the phone won't turn on?...

TheBattousaixx

Reaction score
Hi, so when I plug in my D2G to charge, the little white charging light on the side comes on.

I let it charge for like an hour, but when I try to turn the phone on, nothing happens...
When I plug in the phone to charge, the screen doesn't turn on to the charging animation. The phone screen is off, but the white light is on.

Any suggestions on what to do?... o_0

Any help would be most appreciated :D

BlackMill

Reaction score
Hi, so when I plug in my D2G to charge, the little white charging light on the side comes on.

I let it charge for like an hour, but when I try to turn the phone on, nothing happens...
When I plug in the phone to charge, the screen doesn't turn on to the charging animation. The phone screen is off, but the white light is on.

Any suggestions on what to do?... o_0

Any help would be most appreciated :D

That is indeed a weird occurrence. I assume you probably tried removing the battery and putting it back in and trying to charge it. You may also want to trying charging the battery with an external charger or trying a different battery to see whether it is something to do with the phone or if the battery is no longer holding a charge.

CellularFactory: Motorola Droid 2 Cell Phone Battery Charger, FREE Shipping <---- This is an external charger for the record. Only because I'm unfamiliar with how tech savvy you are.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
could try connecting to usb
different charger
different battery

dhj1974

Reaction score
I'm on my second battery. I found that removing the battery and replacing it fixes it for a while. Sometimes I have to use a pin to tweak the fingers on the battery back together so they will then grab the posts on the phone better. It's happening about once a week. Annoying