Rooted Droid 2 global won't turn on

prsmith

Reaction score
When I woke up this morining my phone showed 5% battery life, so I turned it off. When I got to work, I plugged it in to my USB port to charge it like I've done a hundred times. When I did it this time, the phone turned on by itself and clockwork recovery opened. I selected reboot and the phone turned off. Now, the phone won't turn on or even indicate that it is charging. I removed the battery and left it out for 10 minutes, put it back together and plugged it in to the USB and still nothing has happened. Almost forgot, I am using the Moto extended battery and when I plug it in to my PC the white light on the side does come on. Please Help!

leobg

Reaction score
Try using the original charger. PC USB port cannot provide enough current to kick-start charging in a deeply discharged battery. Give it some time, it may not indicate charging right away.

Phone will always boot into clockwork if you plug it in USB port on a computer while off. This is normal.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Reaction score
Even with the wall charger, these phones can sometimes take 10 or 15 minutes to get enough charge to turn on, depending on how low you run them.

djpava

Reaction score
droid 2 global is crap i have the same phone same problem i had to get a new phone my coworker also had the same problem

Last edited:

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
droid 2 global is crap i have the same phone same problem i had to get a new phone my coworker also had the same problem but verizon says theres nothing wrong with the phones

Theres not. Its a high powered device so it requires a certain amount of juice to kick start everything to get running. Think of it like a car. When you first start the ignition it revs high a little. Then it immediately goes to a higher then usual idle, but then when its all warmed up, its idles at about half the RPMs. Phones these days are the same way. Its has to run the boot animation during start up. Your playing several images very quickly to give the illusion of an animation sort of, so thats going to be using a little bit of cpu and gpu. Then once we get passed the boot animation the phone has to launch the default home/launcher app. If blur is present it has to load blur home behind the scenes to tie together all the blur functions, so it is actually loading 2 home/launcher apps. Now its time to load the widgets. This is working the CPU hard just like a car idling high when it first starts. Thats not even getting in depth about the actual core system files being launched and your start up apps loading in the back ground.

Its actually a pretty descent phone aside from the locked down boot loader.

djpava

Reaction score
if that were true the tech at the verizon store should of been able to get it going insted of being confused at the fact that it doesnt work now my 1 month old new phone is being replaced with a used phone , thanks

Last edited:

stani

Reaction score
Verizon Techs

The Verizon Salesman took your new Droid 2 Global phone that was probably just fine, told you it was dead or broken, and then they sold it to a third party company, actual phone techs who fixed it or did almost nothing, sold it back to Verizon, and gave you back a used outdated phone. Did they give you the usual speech about there is not another one of these phones available for a 500 mile radius? When you buy a new device at Verizon, they advertise that for a 35 dollar re-stocking fee, you can get a new device. And then they are out of stock, and can give you a re-furbished phone. Then if you send your friend in asking for a new Droid 2 Global, they are magically available. If you are going in to Verizon to buy a new device, buy the insurance, so they cannot pull this scam on you. When this happens, call Verizon, and demand a new replacement phone, provide your receipt, and read the warranty statement from the initial receipt, and state that this is unacceptable. Pay your 35 dollar re-stocking fee, and demand a brand new still sealed Droid 2 Global.

stani

Reaction score
Also, if you let your lithium-ion battery die, the D2G will not recharge the battery, and Motorola does not sell a battery-only charger, where you can remove the battery from the phone, and charge the battery itself in a separate charger. I am working with Motorola to solve this serious issue with their hardware. Seidio sells a third-party battery-only charger on shopandroid.com for 34 dollars. Unfortunately, and sorry, none if this info solved your situation, but others are having the same problem, and I hope it helps others buying this phone.