HELP ME....will even pay for the solution

mayur9890

Reaction score
I BOUGHT A D2G FOR MYSELF FROM USA...IAM CURRENTLY IN INDIA.....i bought an unlock code for it which is not working at all..

after some research i tried to unlock using this code-#073887*...but after this a sim unlock prompt came and after entering the valid unlock code there is a prompt saying like this-"PHONE IS SUBSIDY LOCKED,CONTACT SERVICE PROVIDER..EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY"
plz help me how to sim unlock this d2g

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to contact VZW and ask them to unlock the phone. I had no trouble doing this on my account for all 3 D2G's I sold.

Jonas

Reaction score
You need to contact VZW and ask them to unlock the phone. I had no trouble doing this on my account for all 3 D2G's I sold.

Wouldn't the person who originally bought them from verizon have to do that? Just playing devils advocate, but couldn't I steal a phone, and claim I bought it without it being unlocked, and get a free unlocked phone? I've never dealt with it, just trying to learn also.

*side note, no one on this forum should ever offer help for payment. Not saying you were wrong to post that, just be wary of people offering help for money. Has scam written all over it. :p

Sent from my Banana Phone

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Verizon only provides the unlock code to their customers. They also have certain requirements (like clean billing history).

OP
M

mayur9890

Reaction score
iam really sorry for that money thing fellow members.....actually i bought it as is....it is currently locked to verizon....and the seller is saying that he never activated this phone with verizon...now i dont know that this is the actual problem or the 10 attempts to enter code have been completed or what but the phone is not getting unlcoked using the code i have received from 2 ebay sellers and one special unlocking site....
what is the perfect method to reset that counter of unlock attempts...because when i received this phone there were no attempts left...so it might not be able to accept the code...
or can anyone help me by contacting verizon on my behalf and ask them for any help....what shud be done to this phone....i cant contact verizon because iam in india.....plz anyone help me with this.......plz

Jonas

Reaction score
iam really sorry for that money thing fellow members.....actually i bought it as is....it is currently locked to verizon....and the seller is saying that he never activated this phone with verizon...now i dont know that this is the actual problem or the 10 attempts to enter code have been completed or what but the phone is not getting unlcoked using the code i have received from 2 ebay sellers and one special unlocking site....
what is the perfect method to reset that counter of unlock attempts...because when i received this phone there were no attempts left...so it might not be able to accept the code...
or can anyone help me by contacting verizon on my behalf and ask them for any help....what shud be done to this phone....i cant contact verizon because iam in india.....plz anyone help me with this.......plz

I'm not understanding why you cannot call them. It might end up being an international call, but I suppose its worth the expense to get your phone figured out.

OP
M

mayur9890

Reaction score
can u plz provide me the verizon helpline or contact no.s........preferably with proper codes and all.....plz

Jonas

Reaction score
This.
www22.verizon.com/customersupport/contactus/

I don't know international codes, I'm sorry, but I'm sure google can help you.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
As far as I know , at least this is how it was with T-Mobile the phone has to be connected to their network for the unlock code to work, so unless you have Verizon signal in India, you're out of luck.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
As far as I know , at least this is how it was with T-Mobile the phone has to be connected to their network for the unlock code to work, so unless you have Verizon signal in India, you're out of luck.
This is incorrect.

The unlock code can be entered anytime, even outside of any coverage at all.

If the phone informs you that you have used all attempts, leave it for a day or so. The timer will reset.

VZW_CS

Reaction score
As a general rule of thumb, a phone/phone number will need to be active on Verizon Wireless for at least 6 months with a good clean history of payments etc. Also, we don't unlock SIM cards to be used on another carrier.I don't think this will work for you since the phone was never activated before.You can reach out to our global services team collect to see if there are any other options for you. (908)559-4899I hope this information was helpful.^THVerizon Support