My Droid3 is subsidy locked. Any way around this?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
So I have heard. On a side note, if unlocking does not work, is there any other thing I can try? Can I root it and reprogram it completely, for example? Or does it turn into a paperweight?
If incorrect sim code is entered too many times, it will still work on verizon and wifi, will not effect rooting

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
If too many failed attempts, there will no longer be a box to enter code.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
So I have heard. On a side note, if unlocking does not work, is there any other thing I can try? Can I root it and reprogram it completely, for example? Or does it turn into a paperweight?
If you have not all ready phone should be completely stock, if it was rooted, factory reset may not be enough, and stock should be reflashed, using rsd lite

LoneWolffe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola FlipSide MB508
Twitter
@LoneWolffe
I did try a 1-Click SFB. That returns it to stock, right? Still comes up "Subsidy Locked." :( Also, I did try the actual SIM PIN, "1111," but that was a dead end as well. On the SIM card there is one other PIN and two PUK numbers, should I try those, just to be sure?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
I did try a 1-Click SFB. That returns it to stock, right?
there is 2 different versions, what system version is on phone now?
Still comes up "Subsidy Locked." :( Also, I did try the actual SIM PIN, "1111," but that was a dead end as well. On the SIM card there is one other PIN and two PUK numbers, should I try those, just to be sure?
no not if it "Subsidy Locked."

LoneWolffe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola FlipSide MB508
Twitter
@LoneWolffe
Well, I did manage to talk to a nice guy at Verizon, who gave me an unlock code, which was the same as one of the codes that I bought from cellfservices (who gave me a refund, which was cool). I read somewhere that, once the phone's gotten to subsidy lock, you have to let it sit eight hours before trying again? In what state? I have no idea. Trying different things, else I'll send it back to the US with my MIL.