Help me set up my S3 by finding similar jailbreaks I used to use please!

zak9494

Reaction score
Hey everyone I’m switching from a jailbroken iPhone 4S to a Galaxy S3 AT&T. What similar apps and tweaks are available for the Galaxy S3 that I currently use on my iPhone? I also plan to root my S3 so any apps that are similar that require rooting are fine. Also any recommendations of cool tweaks, apps and ROMS are welcomed. I am new to this but I have read quite a bit. I like my phone looking totally different then everyone else’s. ☺
Any help is welcomed,
Thanks

Tweaks & apps I use on my iPhone:

Bite SMS – One can push the volume button and then tap the screen where it shows that volume being adjusted and quick composes a message. One may also quick reply without having to go into the native sms app, such as replying to a text message while in a game or in the music app.
- Features: “Quick Reply, Quick Compose, Passcode Lock, Delivery Reports”

Activator – One can set short cuts by customizing what a certain button or certain screen gestures such as pressing the home button three times and the camera flash turns into a flashlight. Another example is pressing the sleep button twice while listening to music and the phone will go to the next song in the playlist. Also one can set a gesture such as “pinching” an icon on the home screen and the email app will open in the compose new email window.

SBSettings - Simple shortcut utility allows you to access all of the system settings you toggle daily with a quick Activator action. For example, you could double tap your iPhone’s status bar to trigger a panel of settings, and adjust settings such as Bluetooth, wifi, 3G, brightness, kill background apps. Also have a toggle setting for the flash setting it as a flashlight on and off at an ease.

Tethering – Using the cellphones 3G or 4G to give out internet access by setting a wireless hotspot, Bluetooth or USB cable.

Folder Enhancer – unlimited amount of apps in any folder

Applocker – passcode apps and folders

Fake caller ID app

Lock screen quick features - camera app toggle and people you’d like to speed dial, flashlight

Remove running apps in the background with one touch

3G unrestrictor – run or download apps that are limited to only use while on wifi

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey everyone I’m switching from a jailbroken iPhone 4S to a Galaxy S3 AT&T. What similar apps and tweaks are available for the Galaxy S3 that I currently use on my iPhone? I also plan to root my S3 so any apps that are similar that require rooting are fine. Also any recommendations of cool tweaks, apps and ROMS are welcomed. I am new to this but I have read quite a bit. I like my phone looking totally different then everyone else’s. ☺
Any help is welcomed,
Thanks

Tweaks & apps I use on my iPhone:

Bite SMS – One can push the volume button and then tap the screen where it shows that volume being adjusted and quick composes a message. One may also quick reply without having to go into the native sms app, such as replying to a text message while in a game or in the music app.
-Features: “Quick Reply, Quick Compose, Passcode Lock, Delivery Reports”

Apps like go SMS or handcent can do almost all of that. Can add shortcuts on the home screen to quick compose. No root needed.

Activator – One can set short cuts by customizing what a certain button or certain screen gestures such as pressing the home button three times and the camera flash turns into a flashlight. Another example is pressing the sleep button twice while listening to music and the phone will go to the next song in the playlist. Also one can set a gesture such as “pinching” an icon on the home screen and the email app will open in the compose new email window.

A home replacement can incorporate gestures. Nova and adw are two to check out. No root needed.

SBSettings - Simple shortcut utility allows you to access all of the system settings you toggle daily with a quick Activator action. For example, you could double tap your iPhone’s status bar to trigger a panel of settings, and adjust settings such as Bluetooth, wifi, 3G, brightness, kill background apps. Also have a toggle setting for the flash setting it as a flashlight on and off at an ease.

Already built in

Tethering – Using the cellphones 3G or 4G to give out internet access by setting a wireless hotspot, Bluetooth or USB cable.

Root needed or subscribe to a hotspot plan

Folder Enhancer – unlimited amount of apps in any folder

Already possible?

Applocker – passcode apps and folder

I know there are apps that can do this but I don't use any..

Fake caller ID app

Believe this is against forum rules to discuss.

Lock screen quick features - camera app toggle and people you’d like to speed dial, flashlight

Can be done, might need a replacement lock screen

Remove running apps in the background with one touch

No need to

3G unrestrictor – run or download apps that are limited to only use while on wifi

Can be done, root might be needed though.

Hope those help.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2