Use Your Power Button To Enable LED Flashlight

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
flashlight-power-764x420.jpg

One of the main functions of ROOT in the early root days was the ability to use your phone's camera flash as a flashlight. This became a highly desired custom Rom feature. Pretty soon developers figured out how to use this feature without root. Now even OEMs like HTC include it in their own Android skins, and now Google has included it as a quick setting in Android 5.0 Lollipop. The only issue with the way current Flashlight apps and toggles work is the inconvenience of having to wake up your device and fumble around for the app or the toggle. Normally when you need your LED flashlight you need it NOW. Developers from "Bring Technologies" have developed a much easier and quicker method for getting that LED flashlight turned on.

Their new "Power Button Flashlight" app allows you to use your power button to turn on the LED flashlight! To start the flashlight all you have to do is push the power button 3 times within 3 seconds. If your screen is already on you can press the power button 4 times. This means you no longer have to unlock your device to turn on the flashlight. When it really matters every second counts. There are both paid and free versions of the app. If you pay for the app you can use the power button to turn off the flashlight. With the free version of the app you will have to wake up your device, enter the app and turn it off from within the app. Head to the Play Link below for the download.

via Play Store

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I tried this out last night. Very slick. Took it a second or 2 to start up the light on my Note 4, but it definitely works. With the free version, you have to select the notification/open the app to shut the light off. Not that big of a deal. Paid version promises to allow you to use the power button to turn the light off.

However, since I have a flashlight widget on one of my home screens, it takes me around the same time to get my light going already without need of a third party app.

Also, I really only use the flashlight function on my phone once every few months or so, so I can't see paying for this app or even having the free version installed "just in case." Chances are, by the time I needed the light again, I'd forget I had the functionality enabled.

Also, be careful if you've got the Note 4 and make sure you don't have the SOS function enabled. (With that, you tap the power button 3 times and it takes a picture from each camera, a sound clip, and grabs your gps location on the map to send to your selected contacts.) I shut mine off a while ago because I accidentally sent my gf an SOS about once a week...