help installing fission

OP
D

droid2lb

Reaction score
If I use launcherpro while I have fission, wouldn't that just completely defeat the purpose of having it in the first place if im just going to cover it up with another launcher?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Well fission is more of a 'theme' of the core OS. It takes away all of the motoblur and motorola bloatware, and tries to give you a vanilla android look. That means, basically a non motorola messed with phone. Using a different launcher with fission is the same as using a different launcher with the stock ROM

OP
D

droid2lb

Reaction score
Does fission allow me to overclock/underclock your phone?

TrueSpin

Reaction score
Not directly. You will still need a CPU control app from what I could tell.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Not directly. You will still need a CPU control app from what I could tell.

This is correct. You can get SetCPU for free over on XDA-developers.com (just google free setcpu and its the first one). However, Jrummy's Droid Overclock app is much better imo ($1.50 in market).

OP
D

droid2lb

Reaction score
now that i have fission rom manager, how would i go about and downloading themes for my d2g like black edition?

biknut1

Reaction score
Themes

now that i have fission rom manager, how would i go about and downloading themes for my d2g like black edition?

Open up the Fission Rom Manager, select the theme you want to try. Then select the other add-ons you want to go along with it. I always select the rom again also, just to be sure. Hit the button down at the bottom (Install?- I forgot.) Then, your install cue comes up with all the selections you just made. You can select to make a backup before adding anything. Next, I always select to wipe cache just to help eliminate any problems. Then hit the Install (I think) button on the bottom one more time, and wait for the magic to happen.

OP
D

droid2lb

Reaction score
i have fission black preview 7.1 in my install que but when i hit install, nothing happens. any ideas?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Boot into cwm and install it that way. It will be in the Fission folder on your sd card.

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2

OP
D

droid2lb

Reaction score
when i try to open it, it says directory is empty and will not download

Welcomematt78

Reaction score
D2G ROM flashing problems (Fission)

So I've been trying to get a custom ROM onto my girlfriends D2G and from what I've read in the forums Fission is the only ROM that works on the D2G. Everytime I've tried to flash the ROM it loads but I have a few minor probems (by minor I mean major lol.) The first problem is the QWERTY keyboard: When I try using the QWERTY board the normal letters are fine, but when I press the shift button to use the numbers they are all in the wrong places i.e. #4 ends up being #5 and so on and so forth. The second problem is: There is no cell service!! The phone becomes useless cause it can't find the signal! WTF?!

When I reload the backup everything works fine again. I'm getting really frustrated!! I want her to have a custom ROM, but this damn phone sucks!! I've never had any issues with my X, but this Global phone is a f*#@ing nightmare!! Please help!! ANYONE!!!

Thanks!!

rusty815

Reaction score
What version of fission did you install?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Only 2.4.3 work on d2g without the romer tool. You can use any d2/dx rom on the d2g with the team GRD romer. Its in the second link in my signature.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

2mnydgs

Reaction score
Im assuming in clockwork, install fission from sd, then install Romer v7, reboot

Here's another way of looking at d2g other than a nightmare, it is a challenge. One that few devs dare to attempt
; )

Sent from Team GRD Liberated DROID2 GLOBAL