Help! installed fission lost all of data including backup assissant

spartanboy12

Reaction score
Hi,

I installed the fission rom and of course made a backup before but I cannot find backup assistant anywhere? i tried downloaded a droid 2 system dump that had backup assistant in it but every time i try to install it it just says application not installed. I dont know what to do? I can go back to my nandroid backup but i like this rom I just want my contacts back! gmail didn't sync my contacts before so thats out the window! I also tried Titaniumbackup but for some reason my contacts are not restored.

Please help me out here this is my first rom I have installed. love it though!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its an aosp rom so it doesn't have backup assistant. If you can't get them from Google I would suggest restoring your backup and exporting them to the SD card.

tappin and a talkin

OP
S

spartanboy12

Reaction score
thank you so much I was thinking about that. so let me ask if this is what i should do:

1. restore nandroid backup

2. backup using titanium everything

3. re install fission rom

4. re install titanium backup

5. restore with titanium backup

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is right, but I would skip out on /system data at all cost, especially since you are going from a blur to a stock rom. Maybe look onto the market for something that can help you out.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
S

spartanboy12

Reaction score
ok thanks, and i think you mean by skip out on the system is do not backup the system in titanium? i just restored so far so good dancedroid

I'm backing up as we speak

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, restoring system data in between roms is a no-no, but if it's working fine now then have at it. XD

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You missed the most important step. While your back to stock blur open your contacts app and hit menu, and then import/export and then export contacts to SD.

tappin and a talkin

OP
S

spartanboy12

Reaction score
i can still do that. so what will i do after i have exported my contacts to my sd and reinstalled fission?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Once you have fission all loaded up, you'll open your contacts app and hit menu and then import/export and then choose import from SD. It will scan the SD card and find the file you exported. Then you can just restore em.

tappin and a talkin

OP
S

spartanboy12

Reaction score
wow haha thanks a lot guys this is HUGE help! i thought that would be really hard but turns out its pretty easy!

Fission here I come! dancedroid