Backup Assistant HELP!

x450

Reaction score
I was just curious if I can install backup assistant if I can manage to find it somewhere. Don't really wanna screw up my phone because I really like this rom. I tried to restore my stock backup but it says that I'm missing the MD5 sum and can't restore?? I've tried many times, and with other roms, to backup my contacts to my gmail with no luck. I just want backup assistant back because it is the easiest for me.

Thanks in advance!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
What problem are you having backing your contacts to your Gmail account? Its as simple really as using the VZ Back Up process...

Settings--->Accounts & Sync Settings---->Gmail Account---->Sync Contacts...done!

mcp770

Reaction score
many apps like titanium will backup contacts, google backs them up automatically, and I believe in dialer settings you can even export the contact list itself to your sd card. I just go the google route myself just making sure all my contacts are saved to google and not the phone.

OP
X

x450

Reaction score
I have tried backing them up through google many times and it says that it is syncing but only saves about 26 random contacts? I never have had it work correctly since I got my phone. Every time I switch to a blurless rom without backup assistant I have this problem. I have titanium and was not aware that one could backup contacts with it. I may revert back and try that. Also, I was formally on Apex 1.5 and it does not have an option to export contacts in the contacts app.

OP
X

x450

Reaction score
Ok....don't understand this at all...reverted back to my previous rom and when I look at my contacts through the "dialer app" I have 151 contacts. When I look at my contacts through the "contacts app" I have like 26 or 27?? This makes no sense at all. I go sync the google account over and over and it doesn't add any to the list. I went on gmail and cleard the contacts list and now I have 0 and syncing doesn't do anything at all. Really frustrating.

Can anybody shed light on this or simply tell me if I can add backup assistant to liberty 1.5??

EDIT: Figured it out, just exported my contact list from backup assistant and imported it to my gmail contacts...

Last edited:

mcp770

Reaction score
Do you have the contacts app looking at your google backed up contacts AND your phone saved contacts? Google can not back up locally saved phone contacts so always make sure you save them to your google account not the phone.

OP
X

x450

Reaction score
Yea I figured that out but I got it. I just exported my backup assistant contacts over to my gmail account. Worked perfectly.

draybell

Reaction score
x450, did you do this on your phone or on verizons web site?