HELP in bootloop

closedchannel

Reaction score
so i was on liberty rom for droid 2 and wanted to clean it up so as i had done before i was going to sbf flash my phone, so i did but it just got caught in bootloop so i flashed it again and then eventually my battery died so i took the phone to verizon and the guy there put in a new battery and then said he would flash the sbf for me and when me did same problem never got past droid eye, but i noticed that in the flash screen its says my bootloader is 2.37? whats that? did he flash the wrong sbf file? or is there a new one out there? any help?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not terribly familiar with which is the current bootloader but I would try going in to stock recovery and doing a factory reset and see if that gets you past the bootloop.

tappin and a talkin

OP
C

closedchannel

Reaction score
ok, how would i do that? if i boot into stock recovery i hold down x+power, and then what? cuz i just get logos.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Power the phone down and then hold x and power till the exclamation point with Andy standing in front of it shows up. Then hit the magnifying glass on the keyboard and that will get you in to stock recovery. From there go down to the option for wipe data factory reset and see if that helps.

tappin and a talkin

OP
C

closedchannel

Reaction score
WORKED!! thanks so much. ill let you know if i have anything weird happens with this 2.37 bootloader thing.

wolfe69

Reaction score
I tried the data wipe and recovery you told spaz33g to do on my bootlooped droid 2 and i got the follwing error, " E: Can't open /cache/recovery/command" how do i fix that? do a factory reset and reroot?

wolfe69

Reaction score
Sbf

Thanks to the help of the Droid Rescue Squad Titans I didn't have to sbf to get running. BTW does "sbf" mean "set back to factory?" I am new to this and still learning. One day I hope to be a full fledged Droid.....LOL

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
SBF could mean that. It could also mean "Stock Binary File" or "Stupid Broken Fone". We really don't know. :) To SBF your phone means you flash your phone with a program called RSD Lite or SBF_Flash if you're running Linux and a file called an SBF because it has .sbf for the file extension. :)

wolfe69

Reaction score
sbf

Don't know if I have those files. Do you have to get them seperate or are they part of something like bootstrap?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You have to get them separate. I recommend that if you're going to ROM your phone you make sure you have the SBF(s) for it. By the way, SBF is ONLY for Motorola phones. Other phones have other things to reset them. Oh, and never try to flash your phone with an SBF for another phone. It won't work.