Help, Fascinate took a bath

csphokie

Reaction score
So last Thursday my wife's fascinate got dropped in some water. It wasn't fully submerged and she immediately took off the cover and removed the battery. No water in the case that she could see.

We let it sit in some rice for about 12 hours...popped the battery back in and she powered back up fine. Worked as usualy for about 18 hours, then started vibrating a lot so she shut it down again.

Now, when we boot it up, it goes past the samsung screen, to the verizon flash screen, then vibrates and the screen goes black.

Is the phone toast? Thanks for any help!

OP
C

csphokie

Reaction score
So even though it worked as normal for 12 hour

and can get to the splash screen, it is still toast? I'll let it sit and dry for a few more days I suppose.

Just hoping someone may have had some experience w/ having it work for a bit before stopping. Thanks.

OP
C

csphokie

Reaction score
So, an update. After having given up for the past 5 or so days

I decided to play around w/ it today. Battery in, booted it up...same thing, stuck at the Verizon screen then turned black.

As I mentioned before, I thought it was odd that it would even go that far. So for the first time, I googled 'Fascinate hard reset'. Followed the instructions, and voila, we have a working Fascinate again (much to my wife and my delight).

Just wanted to put this out there in case anyone else ever runs into this situation. I feel very lucky and relieved...no way was I going to drop another 250 on a used smartphone.