Help droid wont boot

plasmazzr600

Reaction score
Make this quick and easy, the phone shut off on its own and now when I try to boot it up I just get a black screen and nothing else, I have tried doing the power+x, and the power+ ctrl,alt,dlt all to no success and now the phone wont turn on even to the black screen unless its plugged into the wall, and asurion wont fix it cause they say its a "defect" you guys got any ideas? It seems the keyboard is non-responsive, as none of the keys light up when I turn it on.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can you boot into stock recovery (Power + up on D-pad)? Are you rooted?

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
P

plasmazzr600

Reaction score
Yea now i feel stupid I have no idea what "rooted" means, but I have never done anything to the phone besides install basic apps from the market and the usual system upgrades, stock recovery was a no go as well

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try calling it from another phone and see if it rings...your screen may have just gone out. When did get it?

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
P

plasmazzr600

Reaction score
I got the phone november last year, and this just happened last week, ive tried calling it and nothing happens, ive also had people text me and still nothing happens, none of the led's show up anymore, not the softkey lights, no notification lights, and no keyboard lights. Also wont work unless plugged it

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Plugged in and it works?? Sounds like you need a new battery :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I had a similar problem a while back. My phone shut off while it was plugged in to the usb. Try charging it through the wall charger (if you haven't already). Let it charge for at least 30mins. Maybe try cleaning the battery contacts and the phones usb port.

Swyped from the DroidForums App

OP
P

plasmazzr600

Reaction score
Plugged in and it works?? Sounds like you need a new battery :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

It doesnt "work" it still gets a black screen, but if its not plugged in it doesnt do anything at all, what should i used to clean the battery and usb port?

Lumpy

Reaction score
Plugging it into usb might not be enuf. Had to use the wall wart to get it to take a charge.

Pathetic engineering.

Battery life and charging time is bad enuf but to fail like this is downrite BS.

Shame on Motorola.

Thinking abut switching manufacturer. Love Android otherwise.

Last edited:

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
It doesnt "work" it still gets a black screen, but if its not plugged in it doesnt do anything at all, what should i used to clean the battery and usb port?
In my case it was probably pocket lint. I used a clean rag for the battery. Sounds like the usb is working. If you plug it in and the phone comes on, what happens if you disconnect while its on? Does it turn off? If so sounds like the battery like Droid DOES!! said.

joop135

Reaction score
Well Im new here and from the looks of it , It WILL!!!!! happen to all droids sad to say.. Just happen to mine . And from research on the web, alot of ppl are experiencing this very problem .. So Far I have opened the droid and cleaned out lcd contacts to no avl... I got it to turn on once by going back and froth removing battey while powering on and power cord.... ALso I get different charger Light results when Pluged in to usb and or wall ... Anyone yet to fix this problem??