HELP! my droid wont boot into recovery

fwkomet09

Reaction score
i have a rooted droid and im trying to download a custom rom after its downloaded i back up data and wipe cache and then nothing happens. i try booting in to recovery from rom manager but it does nothing. when i try flashing clockworkmod recovery it comes up with "an error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!" but when i go to superuser it says its allowed. and when i try booting into recovery when i shut my phone off and hold x and the power button it gets stuck at the picture of the phone and this /!\. can somebody help me

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i have a rooted droid and im trying to download a custom rom after its downloaded i back up data and wipe cache and then nothing happens. i try booting in to recovery from rom manager but it does nothing. when i try flashing clockworkmod recovery it comes up with "an error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!" but when i go to superuser it says its allowed. and when i try booting into recovery when i shut my phone off and hold x and the power button it gets stuck at the picture of the phone and this /!\. can somebody help me

Let me guess, you used a one click root app?

They are very unreliable. Use link 3 in my sig to root the right way.

OP
F

fwkomet09

Reaction score
it worked thanks!!! can i still use rom manager?

xliderider

Reaction score
Yes you can but you might have to flash the recovery image 3x just to make sure it "takes". If the "recovery flashed successfully" message comes up quickly, it is a sign that the recovery image took. If the message takes a while, then it probably didn't take.