HELP! Can't sync Facebook with contacts! MUST HAVE!!

maroorakcub

Reaction score
That is a nice work around but I will not be happy with a $250 phone with features that are not working like they should and will return it if needed.

ABQNM

Reaction score
That is a nice work around but I will not be happy with a $250 phone with features that are not working like they should and will return it if needed.

Haha I don't blame you. That said, Facebook compatibility with Android is still crappy, no matter how much they update it, it will never match the experience I had with the blackberry facebook. I have no plans to ever go back to blackberry, so I have learned to use workarounds. I like the syncmypics app because it uses better quality pics anyway. Even now that it works on my phone (I am a moto guy, but I currently have a Droid Incredible 2 because I am a phone nerd who constantly changes), I still use the SyncMyPics because it just is more reliable overall in my experience.

PhxPhin

Reaction score
I know my wife hated that her contacts list was heavy on facebook people and that she was getting picture updates, etc ... basically too synched up

with her contact list open she hit the settings button and selected to show only contacts with a phone number, which cleaned it up a little for her

i wonder if your issue could be doing something similar in reverse

Reaction score
I can't even login to the Blur facebook app. Just keeps saying invalid user/password. I use the standard app from the Marketplace, as I dont use Blue ( use LP). But I did want to synch contacts for pictures...

Not sure why I cant login. I even changed my password on FB.

ABQNM

Reaction score
I can't even login to the Blur facebook app. Just keeps saying invalid user/password. I use the standard app from the Marketplace, as I dont use Blue ( use LP). But I did want to synch contacts for pictures...

Not sure why I cant login. I even changed my password on FB.

That is how mine started on the X. I couldn't log in, finally was able to log in, nothing worked right then could not log out without a factory reset. I never used the stupid Moto Social Network widget anyway, so that is why I went to an app to do it for me.

Another thing... Are you rooted? If you are and superuser is set to manage permissions, it may have prompted initially for access to something and maybe it was denied preventing it from accessing the network. If you are rooted, go check the log in superuser to make sure it doesn't appear there. I know it is a system app and it is not asking for superuser permissions, but if SU is set to manage permissions, it will ask any time something tries to access specific permissions. You even have to allow google voice access to the phone or it won't work. Not sure if this will help you, but the possibility is there.

fizband

Reaction score
I tried that but when I click on the facebook one there was nothing their other than remove account, it didnt have anything about manual sync. I clicked remove and now it looks like I have to do a factory reset because the facebook account is no longer listed in accounts but when clicking add account facebook is checked and says I can only have 1.
your doing a different step, 1.) as i see it your going to menu then settings 2.) then going to accounts to view your facebook account if 1.) you go to menu - settings - battery and data manager- data delivery - turn off background data 2.) go and load the android market, you will get a prompt asking you to enable data dilivery, press enable 3.) that will take you to Account and sync setting- from there you can try to manually sync the phone to facebook. hope that this helps you out

maroorakcub

Reaction score
That is where I was at, black background and has backgroud data and auto sync at the top then all the accounts below. When in that menu and tunring background data back on the facebook account shows that sync is off. If I tap the account it opens and nothing is their other than remove account, if I push and hold nothing happens. I am going to give it a few days and then on wednesday if it still has not syncd I will stop by verizon and see what they say.

fizband

Reaction score
That is where I was at, black background and has backgroud data and auto sync at the top then all the accounts below. When in that menu and tunring background data back on the facebook account shows that sync is off. If I tap the account it opens and nothing is their other than remove account, if I push and hold nothing happens. I am going to give it a few days and then on wednesday if it still has not syncd I will stop by verizon and see what they say.
there in where you see remove accout, if you press menu the sync option will appear, i see , ill be dropping by verizon as well, already talked to motorola and i might be sending my phone to them for repair, 10days(2weeks) before phone gets returned @@.