HELP! Can't sync Facebook with contacts! MUST HAVE!!

slcawley

Reaction score
I just left my Droid X to get the Bionic and while I LOVE the phone, I can't get my Facebook pics to sync with my phone contacts! Unlike the Droid X, there is no "link contact" button. There's a "join" button but it's only syncing to google which is NOT what I want. I like having the FB pics as my contact's pic when they call! Can someone help??? So far, that's the only problem with this phone!

Juiced_RL

Reaction score
This has been mentioned already in other threads. Be patient it takes awhile for them to come over.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

wseyller

Reaction score
Open the app drawer and open "My Accounts". Add your Facebook account and it will sync. I did it but i removed it because I didn't want it too happen.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
S

slcawley

Reaction score
i did that when i first got the phone. they're just not syncing, and there's no "link accounts" button when you go to edit a contact. so disappointed...thanks for the reply though!!!

Renae

Reaction score
I hope this is fixed for you. I had a similar sort of issue. I had my facebook account linked, but it wasn't as simple as my D1, where I believe they synced a lot easier.

I also am obsessed with having pictures for everyone on my contact list, and facebook is a good way to do that.

For me, I left it alone and power cycled it, and eventually I looked again and a the pictures populated. They had already synced with facebook, as if I looked at their contact information, some of the facebook info was there, but no picture. Most of them synced up and there were maybe 10 or 12 that I needed to manually join. I think it was due to the fact that for some reason the contacts that weren't syncing had the entire name in the first name box. So it said John Smith under fisrt name. Once I fixed it, it found their facebook profile when I joined it.

And you can use "join" to join it with a facebook account.

devils3023

Reaction score
Where are you guy's finding a "join" button? I have several contacts whose pics did not sync up yet and am unable to find a "join" option anywhere, either in the facebook app, stock social networking app or from my contact list...

Renae

Reaction score
Where are you guy's finding a "join" button? I have several contacts whose pics did not sync up yet and am unable to find a "join" option anywhere, either in the facebook app, stock social networking app or from my contact list...

Once you are in the edit the contact screen (contact list, not facebook), if you hit the menu or settings or whatever that first button is, you should get an option to "Join" with a highway merging symbol.

RPMGSXR

Reaction score
Please help

I do not even show a facebook app in my applications list nor the applications screen??? I may have deleted it somehow in an effort to to get it to sync with my contacts. I can add Facebook under the Accounts screen but when I open a contact there is no Facebook link there to go to their FB page, nor is there any FB pics showing up in my contacts. Is there a way without a master reset to download the FB app that came on my phone, which I am hearing is a Blur version not the one from the market?? I have tried and deleted the market one 3 times now. :(

tiffwatson7

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm thinking of the same thing...

Is everyone talking about their regular facebook contact pictures not syncing? Because my issue, which may or may not be what everyone is talking about in the first place, is that some of my FB contacts don't share their phone # on their FB page. And since you can't edit the FB contact, I always have to make another contact, duplicate name, but want to find a way to merge the two so that the picture is on the contact I had to make (since that's really the one that gets used!) If this is what everyone was talking about in the first place, my apologies, it just sounded like some where asking different questions. Thanks in advance for any info!

maroorakcub

Reaction score
No Facebook Contacts

I just ordered and received this phone on friday, Loving it, set up all my accounts and home screens and apps then noticed that none of my facebook contact were syncing. Looked for the setting to sync contacts with no luck, removed account and re added it with no luck. Read online that some just take time, waited 24 hours. Also read that a factory reset might fix it, it has been another 24 hours since the reset and still nothing.

When going into my accounts, facebook is listed with my email then when I click on it it brings me to a page with the two boxes to add email and password (both are correct), a remove account button, then the OK and Cancel at the bottom. Pushing the setting/menu button on the phone does nothing, OK just brings me back to the accounts page. In the contacts list pushing the setting/menu button and then display options shos facebook and All Contacrs is checked. I tried installing the facebook app and finding a setting with no luck and have uninstalled the app since.

The App that is included on the bionic called Social Networking connects and updates with facebook. The phone is stock not rooted (yet) I have tried changing to sync only over wifi with no luck, I have 4g, can surf internet no problem but none of my contacts are syncing from facebook.

lanza_david

Reaction score
I got my bionic Friday evening. My facebook contacts did not sync until today. It's weird that there is no option now to select or configure sync (all contacts, only phone contacts, etc)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

fizband

Reaction score
I got my bionic Friday evening. My facebook contacts did not sync until today. It's weird that there is no option now to select or configure sync (all contacts, only phone contacts, etc) Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
same problem yours and maroorakcub here. mine happend after a factory reset and the after facebook updated its site. there is a way to manualy try to synic it 1.) turn off background data in the battery and data management in menu-setting 2.) go to android market 3.) you will be prompted to active background data - chose enable 4.) you will be taken to account and sync settings 5.) below you'll see facebook you can select that and try to manually sync it. - nothing happens with mine

maroorakcub

Reaction score
I tried that but when I click on the facebook one there was nothing their other than remove account, it didnt have anything about manual sync. I clicked remove and now it looks like I have to do a factory reset because the facebook account is no longer listed in accounts but when clicking add account facebook is checked and says I can only have 1.

ABQNM

Reaction score
I had this issue on my X a while back but I could not even delete or access the account on Social Networking (it was saying my account was already configured on another device when I tried to DELETE it). Since this became a problem, I just downloaded a free app called SyncMyPics that will automatically go and sync them for you and you can choose who to skip, etc. Plus it syncs higher resolution pics than the facebook app does.