HELP! Bionic Bootloop

markwebb

Reaction score
Ok, I made a huge mistake. I use Bionic Bootstrap. I had installed Eclipse ROM and was happy and backed it up using Boostrap to get into Clockwork Mod. However, dummy me wasn't fully awake and I did an immediate restore to my stock system w/o wiping and realized it shortly after. I didn't wipe before I restored to the stock 902 backup.

Now, it is in a bootloop with Droid logo. Yes, I pulled the battery numerous times. HOW DO I GET OUT OF IT! :( I need my phone today as I live in a very rural area.

Can I go into Stock Recovery? What do I need to do once I am in there?

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok, I made a huge mistake. I use Bionic Bootstrap. I had installed Eclipse ROM and was happy and backed it up using Boostrap to get into Clockwork Mod. However, dummy me wasn't fully awake and I did an immediate restore to my stock system w/o wiping and realized it shortly after. I didn't wipe before I restored to the stock 902 backup.

Now, it is in a bootloop with Droid logo. Yes, I pulled the battery numerous times. HOW DO I GET OUT OF IT! :( I need my phone today as I live in a very rural area.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [FXZ] Droid Bionic Stock 5.5.1_84_DBN-55

Unbrick Your Bionic Here /windows/mac/linux support - RootzWiki

OP
markwebb

markwebb

Reaction score
Thank you. but OMG..you've got to be kidding. :( Sigh. This looks rather daunting but I will try it. Any words of advice other than "reading" the post as instructed? LOL

So, I do I use your first link or both links? I am confused. How do I use first link?

Also, the rootzwiki guide has few links down! I can't download some of the files. :(

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

[FONT=&quot]To Get Into Stock Recovery:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. With phone powered off
2. Hold both volume up and down then press the power
3. Volume down moves, volume up selects the highlighted choice
4. when you get to the exclamation point press both volume buttons [/FONT]

OP
markwebb

markwebb

Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]To Get Into Stock Recovery:[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]1. With phone powered off
2. Hold both volume up and down then press the power
3. Volume down moves, volume up selects the highlighted choice
4. when you get to the exclamation point press both volume buttons [/FONT]

Thanks, I did that but once I am there can I do anything? I am sooo confused now. That thread from rootzwiki is as clear as mud to me.

Can I do anything from Stock recovery? Do I do a restore?
Again, thanks so much for your help but I am in a panic.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Released Root links are dead. :(

Bet they were on the Mega site that the Feds closed down. Did not know that.

I've totally restored the Bionic about 3-4 times. Unfortunately a bootloop requires some drastic steps as there is no way to get back into CWR if the phone will not boot. I used RSD Lite 5.6 on my most recent adventure and reflashed to stock Google image.

I don't recall if I provided this link or not already, but it looks like a good one: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-5-893-fxz-901-902-compatible-902-update.html

Good luck.

OP
markwebb

markwebb

Reaction score
Thanks. I tried the released root flash method but am now stuck in AP fastboot..it said preflash validation failed. Now what do I do? I pull the battery and it stays in that mode and I can't get out.

Getting there! Got out of fastboot and rebooted! I need to complete released root process.

VERY STRANGE: it booted backup and it has me on stock 902 with root!! I don't know what is going on. LOL

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks. I tried the released root flash method but am now stuck in AP fastboot..it said preflash validation failed. Now what do I do? I pull the battery and it stays in that mode and I can't get out.

Am i now dead in the water?

Unplug it, plug the battery, put it in ap fastboot and plug in the USB. And then try one of the other methods/files I linked. I think the newer Path Savers are worth trying.

Good luck

OP
markwebb

markwebb

Reaction score
See my updated note above. When it rebooted I came back into 902 with root. I am now so confused as to what happened but I have a working phone.

I need to reinstall some previous apps including bootstrap.

Thanks again for your help. It seems releseroot did something w/o taking me all the way back.

OP
markwebb

markwebb

Reaction score
See my updated note above. When it rebooted I came back into 902 with root. I am now so confused as to what happened but I have a working phone.

I need to reinstall some previous apps including bootstrap.

Thanks again for your help. It seems releseroot did something w/o taking me all the way back.

False positive. I rebooted phone and it brings me back into AP Fastboot. I managed to get out and got back into recovery menu mode and rebooted into 902. Updating apps with titanium. I will let it finish and reboot and see if it still brings me back into ap fastboot. I may just restore a good backup in clockwork.

Last edited:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
On the fastboot menu what exactly is the error displayed?...flash failure or invalid CDT?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you restroed a nandroid without wiping then you are likely still gonna have occasional issues so if you can indeed get into CWM recovery then by all means restore your Eclipse ROM, wiping this time of course lol, then you will have Eclipse with the .902 radio...