Hello

sportytony

Reaction score
Hi All,
New to posting.I've checked out alot of other boards and this one is awesome. I've got a freshly rooted stock Droid X patched for wifi hotspot and with Launcherpro and love it. It took a while to even want to root it as it was already a great phone. It is better now and I'm glad I did it. (not so sure of switching roms though. Its even better now) I am curious though can I do ota system updates now for not just gb but for all the other stuff.

Canadroid

Reaction score
Hi All,
New to posting.I've checked out alot of other boards and this one is awesome. I've got a freshly rooted stock Droid X patched for wifi hotspot and with Launcherpro and love it. It took a while to even want to root it as it was already a great phone. It is better now and I'm glad I did it. (not so sure of switching roms though. Its even better now) I am curious though can I do ota system updates now for not just gb but for all the other stuff.

Welcome to the Droid Forums !

Like you I was hesitant to root, read up a lot and was ultimately very happy that I took the time to do so.

As far as OTA, you will likely have to straight up de-root in order to get the phone to update it without gagging, but I'm not an expert on that (I had to for last OTA on my D2).

If you're happy with the current setup, I wouldn't stress too much about the next OTA. Definitely make a good factory restore plan though if you end up doing some ROM's down the road.

:pint:

OP
S

sportytony

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Then I guess I'm gonna tweak it as minimally as I could so that (if I understand it correctly) can un patch my patch for tethering and unroot and I'll be fine for the gb?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
S

sportytony

Reaction score
Thanks for the link needed that too. Alot of stuff going on in the background eh.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums