Heat problem

benjaway

Reaction score
Ive had this happen twice now. I plug in my phone to charge it after its gotten pretty low like 5-10-15% and then left it there to charge... when I come back an hour or two later the phone is smoking hot and is actually less charged than before. It also gave me some battery cell temperature warning. I have had this happen with TWO different chargers so I know that is probably not the problem. the battery's connectors are clean and polished as is the connector on the phone. the LED light comes on when i plug it in and i checked to see if any of the switches were enabled for gps, wifi, bluetooth and that was not the case... What's going on? both times after i removed the battery allowed my phone and battery to cool and then it charges and handles everything just fine.

any help you can offer would be awesome!

Using (all on autoupdate so they are current):
Launcher Pro
Elixir
jorte
fancy widget
handcent
k-9
ebuddy
lockmenu
all apps organizer
lookout

rystan11

Reaction score
Have u checked the voltage at the outlet? You could possibly be drawing more/less current than needed and depending on the charger, could allow excess heat. WARNING: Only check it if you know what u are doing.

OP
B

benjaway

Reaction score
Have u checked the voltage at the outlet? You could possibly be drawing more/less current than needed and depending on the charger, could allow excess heat. WARNING: Only check it if you know what u are doing.

Thank you for reading and posting

Good question.. however i failed to mention one time was with my car charger and the other was at home and both have worked fine before and fine after these incidents so its not likely a power outlet problem.