HDMI stuck on Webtop mode. Can't get out of it! help?

blakegreen

Reaction score
So, first post, but I've been looking everywhere for a solution to this issue with no luck.
My phone is stuck in Webtop mode when I connect the HDMI cable. (when not connected to HDMI the phone is excellent) I'm pretty sure I at one point checked the box: "Remember my selection" on webtop mode. And now I can't get out of it. I've connected it to different monitors with different hdmi cables. The monitor that I connect to flashes an image on the screen temporarily and then says "no connection" or something similar - so I can't access webtop to change my hdmi settings. I don't know if I need to replace my phone? factory reset? Is there somewhere that I can change the hdmi settings on my phone without using webtop mode to get to it? I feel stuck and I'd rather not trade mine in for a refurb, but it feels like that's my only option. Any ideas?

truebluebpb

Reaction score
Don't know for sure but have you tried a reboot. i.e., hold both power button and volume down button until phone shuts off and then reboots. I believe on the Razr since battery is nonremovale that this is comparable to removing the battery and rebooting on phones with removable batteries to reset those.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
have you tried settings>display>HDMI connection ?

and welcome to the forum

OP
B

blakegreen

Reaction score
I have done a hard reset of the phone several times since the problem started, nothing has changed so far as I am able to tell. And under my display settings the only thing I can do with HDMI is "enable" and adjust the overscan. I can't change what the phone does upon recognizing the hdmi connection. I want it to mirror my phone.