HDMI out capability?

blkackteg

Reaction score
Before I bother springing for the HDMI cord, I wanted to set myself straight on what the phone will push out through it.

Can you only put out videos you record with the phone or can you display video's saved on the phone (tv, movies) or streamed through the phone (jetflix, youtube, etc.)? How about pushing out the video when using Snesoid?

With regard to that last one, would it be possible to hook the phone up to the tv and play Snesoid with a wiimote?

And if not, is there another way to display said diverse video on the tv (via usb or 3.5 to rca, etc?).

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Before I bother springing for the HDMI cord, I wanted to set myself straight on what the phone will push out through it.

Can you only put out videos you record with the phone or can you display video's saved on the phone (tv, movies) or streamed through the phone (jetflix, youtube, etc.)? How about pushing out the video when using Snesoid?

With regard to that last one, would it be possible to hook the phone up to the tv and play Snesoid with a wiimote?

And if not, is there another way to display said diverse video on the tv (via usb or 3.5 to rca, etc?).

the hdmi will output videos that are created by the phone, or any video thats not protected by DRM/HDMI handshake protections. You cant stream an emulator, cant stream the blockbuster app, netflix, or any subscription based content because its all protected in some manner. You can however download a a non-DRM movie on a pc, copy it to the droid, and play it via HDMI.

OP
B

blkackteg

Reaction score
anyone know about jetflix- that's a biggie for me. I already run the audio through my stereo via bluetooth, so if I could get the video through the tv, I wouldn't need hbo

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
anyone know about jetflix- that's a biggie for me. I already run the audio through my stereo via bluetooth, so if I could get the video through the tv, I wouldn't need hbo

I doubt it....

clborden

Reaction score
So what about movies that we may have downloaded onto the phone? Similar to the way I did on my old iPhone?

OP
B

blkackteg

Reaction score
F-YEA! Works with jetflicks! Youtube doesn't. Seems to push anything playing through the native player.

Arcstriker

Reaction score
F-YEA! Works with jetflicks! Youtube doesn't. Seems to push anything playing through the native player.

So it DOES work with JetFlicks??? I haven't spent the cheese on the cable yet, because I haven't had a reason to use it. My videos on the phone I just stream to my BluRay player.

But if your saying Jetflicks works, then I'll go buy it right away. dancedroid