HDMI audio output

short283

Reaction score
I have a droid bionic and every time I hook it up to my tv via HDMI or USB my phone freezes and I am hooking to a samsung 43" LCD HDTV not sure what the problem is but hopefully OTA update .893 fixes this issue as well

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

djembeman

Reaction score
This is an odd problem. I plugged my Bionic into my TV using my long HDMI cable that I have an extender plugged into the HMDI TO HDMI micro and I have no problems in mirror mode. I can wait to try webtop when I get my Webtop Adapter. Just make sure you don't have anything plugged into your headphone jack! All audio and video will go through your HDMI. Just want to make sure you are not trying to plug your mini jack (3.5" headphone jack) into the TV as well.

johnnyazn

Reaction score
I tried everything. Volume is up, nothing plugged into the jack. I even tried it through my HDMI out on my Onkyo receiver. I get picture but no sound. Called motorola and they wanted me to factory reset my 2 wk old phone. I don't think its an issue with the phone seeing how it works on one tv and not the other. Could it be the cord? Are the cords brand specific? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!

djembeman

Reaction score
Cables played a part in my LG Revolution not connecting well to my TV. I bought a cheap $1 cable from Amazon and it had problems giving me a solid connection in general, video and audio. I got a better cable from the cell phone kiosk at an Airforce Base Exchange and it worked much better. My TV is a Toshiba 46" 3D. Make sure you try a direct connection to the TV, not just through your receiver. I don't know what a factory reset will do to help, but you never know what will. Good Luck!

short283

Reaction score
I have the high speed hdmi cable from the Verizon store it is supose to be for any hdmi capable phone. But I do not believe it is the cable cause my usb cable causes the same issues such as freezing and major lagging which leads me to believe it is my phone or possibly my tv not being fully compatible with my phone not sure yet but the tv should me but im considering it an option due to the fact I hope its not my phone lol I got enough problems with the dissapearing data signal

MdicnMan

Reaction score
You'll all be happy to know that the problem with the HDMI audio is fixed in .901. dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid I had tested and found that I could get audio on some TVs at Best Buy but not others and I could not get it at home with my Sony TV and Integra receiver. Today I installed the 901 update because I couldn't stand the data drops anymore. I just got home and figured I would test the HDMI and ... TADA!! , it works like a champ.

So, either wait for the OTA or install the update that got pushed accidentally to some folks.

OP
A

asghar

Reaction score
Good to hear that, someone was telling to chalk this one away to different standards of HDMI at different times and this is not going to work unless you can some how update the TVs firmware.

harris28

Reaction score
Just plugged my bionic into a AOC tv and cant get any sound. Ran latest updates on - .902 checked tv audii settings, volume on tv and bionic.

OP
A

asghar

Reaction score
Tried mine today, works great. I guess the OS update must have a fix in it.