Has anyone tried the Clockr Widget?

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I recently downloaded the minimalist Clockr widget from the Android market.

Clockr Battles Tajm for Best Minimalist Clock Widget - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I really like this minimalist clock widget, it goes great on my home screen, but I think it is keeping my phone from sleeping and draining the battery. Check out the screen shots below. I was just wondering if anyone else has been having these issues with this widget. I did notice it was pulled from the market, so maybe an update is in the works. Any comments would be helpful.

Attachments

• Battery History.png
    Battery History.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 410
  • Battery Manager.png
    Battery Manager.png
    35 KB · Views: 420

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have used it - I actually just removed the widget cause I had noticed after an update that it would keep force closing...I hope there is an update in the works as I like this widget myself...

I have not uninstalled the app tho.

OP
cjriddle22

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I have used it - I actually just removed the widget cause I had noticed after an update that it would keep force closing...I hope there is an update in the works as I like this widget myself...

I have not uninstalled the app tho.

Yeah I think it kept FC on me too. From time to time the clock would say the wrong time and I would get a stopped working popup, usually re-adding the widget to the home screen would fix it. But now I'm worried about the battery issues mentioned above. I have no other ideas as to why my Android OS would be taking up that much of my battery percentage.

EgoProwler

Reaction score
I loved using Clockr; however, as cjriddle22 stated, I also experienced the issue that the time would be wrong or not update regularly. It really has a lot of potential, but I also see it has been removed from the Market.

OP
cjriddle22

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I would just like to add that after the removal of the Clockr widget from my home screen, the phone is back to sleeping normally, and Android OS is back to using a lower percentage of the battery. So until there is an update to deal with these bugs, I will refrain from using it. I hope they do fix it soon, because I love the minimalist look.