has anyone noticed on the netbook accessory...

Reaction score
That it is very very ubuntu like...I notcied this while playing with it in the store

And if you hit ctrl-alt-t (which happens to be the default terminal shortcut using gnome ubuntu...) you get an error about not being able to fine gnome-terminal...

Thought that was interesting...

GBH2

Reaction score
It is a modified Ubuntu distro, probably Jaunty. Some guys at XDA have done a lot of work on the Atrix webtop - I want to find some time to start reading and see where they are at with it. I have only taken a quick look at some of the threads over there but they seem to have, or are close to having, a basically full Ubuntu experience running off the sdcard inside the webtop environment.:happy:

DoctorV

Reaction score
Yeah I thought the Android OS was a flavor of Linux so that seems to make sense.

OP
I
Reaction score
Well, OSX is also a flavor of linux, but the difference in kernels for mac, and ubuntu are going to be very different from android....I don't think they have a full version of ubuntu running ontop of android 2.3....

I think its more of a simple display modification.... with some things grabbed from gnome....but if they could get full ubuntu support, I would be impressed!

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Well, OSX is also a flavor of linux, but the difference in kernels for mac, and ubuntu are going to be very different from android....I don't think they have a full version of ubuntu running ontop of android 2.3....

I think its more of a simple display modification.... with some things grabbed from gnome....but if they could get full ubuntu support, I would be impressed!

Actually Mac OS is Unix based, but very similar to Linux (Linus's Unix clone).